Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Meditation/yoga

Options
  • 29-06-2011 8:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭

I am in Limerick for the summer and was looking to do either meditation or yoga. Does anyone know if there are any classes going on or about to start? Thanks in advance:)

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 17,424 ✭✭✭✭Conor Bourke

sophie22 wrote: »
    I am in Limerick for the summer and was looking to do either meditation or yoga. Does anyone know if there are any classes going on or about to start? Thanks in advance:)

I've been going to Sásta Yoga in Ardnacrusha. The place is a bit basic but Sara is really nice and I think the prices are pretty reasonable. I'm a newcomer to the whole yoga thing but I've really enjoyed going out there, found it very relaxing. You'll have to be able to drive though, as it's a wee bit out of town (it suited me as I'm on the Corbally side of town)

http://www.facebook.com/pages/S%C3%A1sta-Yoga-Studio/139745336086553?ref=ts

• Registered Users Posts: 525 ✭✭✭yogalady

http://www.magmell.ie/yoga.html

This place is on O'connell Street in town near the belltable. It an excellent mix of yoga and meditation. It also pay as you go which is great. I haven't been since before easter but I know they were doing evening and lunchtime classes. The website has a contact number so if you give them a ring they will give you the summer timetable

Enjoy!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Brian Moloney

Hi Sophie,

There are a number of clubs in the Limerick area that teach yoga and some that teach meditation as well. As I don't know which particular style of yoga/meditation that you are interested in may I recommend that you get a copy of the "Limerick Adult Education booklet" which is out in the main shops with a list of them.

Finding a good teacher and style you like is important so have a look around. There is a Buddhist centre on O Connell Street and Glenstall Abbey does Christian meditative practices and retreats.

I am a Yoga and meditation teacher myself based in the City in the Mag Mell Studio in O Connell Street.

Bye Brian

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭LimerickSports

do u do mediation classes in meg mell in limerick

• Registered Users Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

PM me if you need information on transcendental meditation (TM).

• Advertisement
Advertisement