Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

220v Extension Lead Drum

Options
  • 29-06-2011 8:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭

I have an 50 metre extension lead on drum made of plastic with metal pipe does anyone know where you can get a replacement drum?

I'm finding them hard to source. It wasn't a cheap lead so its worth replacing the drum.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Get an old timber cable drum. Will be a bit heavier but very solid. Maybe ask for this to be moved to the electrical forum, as one of the guys may be able to help you out.

• Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭heffo500

Davy wrote: »
    Get an old timber cable drum. Will be a bit heavier but very solid. Maybe ask for this to be moved to the electrical forum, as one of the guys may be able to help you out.

Thanks that might do if I cant get a new one.

Mods will you move this to the electrical forum.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

heffo500 wrote: »
    I have an 50 metre extension lead on drum made of plastic with metal pipe does anyone know where you can get a replacement drum?

I'm finding them hard to source. It wasn't a cheap lead so its worth replacing the drum.

Have you tried an electrical wholesalers yet??

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 10,952 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stoner

will move this to the electrical forum, but you can get them in

www.cpc.co.uk I bought them and have a few at home, used them for portable CCTV stuff

http://cpc.farnell.com/jsp/search/browse.jsp?N=411+2005+206386&Ntk=gensearch&Ntt=cable+drum&Ntx=mode+matchallpartial&D=*cable*+*drum*

btw if you are heffo09s brother you can have one for free as i dont use them

Advertisement