Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ama2 Newbie

Options
  • 29-06-2011 7:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 43

Hey Guys,

I just bought Arma2 and i'm up for some games. I'm interested in having a few games this week preferably after midnight for this week, as i'll be out of the country indefinitely afterwards. Can you tell me what i need to install or do ?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭Robbie IRE

rogerbravo wrote: »
    Hey Guys,

I just bought Arma2 and i'm up for some games. I'm interested in having a few games this week preferably after midnight for this week, as i'll be out of the country indefinitely afterwards. Can you tell me what i need to install or do ?

Thanks.

Hi Rogerbravo,

Firstly ,make sure your game is patched up-to-date. I'm sure the latest patch is 1.10. You didn't mention PMC,BAF.AO ETC so I assume you didn't get those yet.

Secondly & I'm sure everyone will agree .Get ACE mod ( advanced combat environment).Must have!

Everything else is upto what server you want to play on & what mod can be used on that particular server.
    Everyone has their own preference regarding sound/effect mods but I've always use JSRS & blascore.
    Armaholic is a good site to get mods from!

I hope you enjoy the game! Best tactical shooter by far.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

We be playing later if you want to join, what version of the game did you buy?

Most likely 6 man coop missions so no mods needed.

We have a mumble server you can join i be on around 8.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,779 ✭✭✭Spunge

How different is the full game to arma free?

Spunge wrote: »
    How different is the full game to arma free?

I might be mistaken but I'm sure I read, most of the higher graphical modes are not present. No mods or addons can be used either.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 rogerbravo

Thanks for the reply lads, but i'm currently away from my gaming system for a few months. I bought the full version from Steam. So i think its at 1.9 patch, not sure. I wanted to know what the standard installations you guys run since you're the experts.
    When i get a better gaming rig, i'll give you guys a buzz for a game, right now i cannot play.

Thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

You'll also need a few weeks training to get used to using every key available to your computer.

ScumLord wrote: »
    You'll also need a few weeks training to get used to using every key available to your computer.

Oh Yeah!! But i'm sure after a few games & fumbles after dropping a grenade you'll get the hang.:D

Advertisement