Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

worms/maggots in wicklow

Options
  • 29-06-2011 6:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭

hi all
    just wondering where the best place (if any)is to buy worms/maggots around the wicklow town/arklow area
    many thanks
    chief

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,134 ✭✭✭beer enigma

Only places I know in Wicklow are The Fishing Hut in Blessington &
    Dogs Rods n Guns Wicklow Town

Not sure about maggot but they sell worm

• Registered Users Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭chiefwiggum

Andip wrote: »
    Only places I know in Wicklow are The Fishing Hut in Blessington &
    Dogs Rods n Guns Wicklow Town

Not sure about maggot but they sell worm

Thanks Andip , maggots are out the window now. Just looking for worms.. Dogs rods n guns would be handy for me, is it earthworms they sell or just ragworms

Thanks again

• Registered Users Posts: 6,134 ✭✭✭beer enigma

Thanks Andip , maggots are out the window now. Just looking for worms.. Dogs rods n guns would be handy for me, is it earthworms they sell or just ragworms

Thanks again

Not sure to be honest, just seen their website is down, so hope they are still there 0404 25558

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭tradtshirt

powers music in arklow sell bait (down wee lane on main st opp paddy powers bookies)
    i've only ever asked for rag there - but i'd be sure they have other bait

http://www.ireland.com/activities/fishing/power-sound-tackle-shop/183585

tried dogs rods n guns in wicklow and they dont do them
    i work in meath so i headed to anglers world in navan,pots of 25 to 30 worms were 3 euro each
    thanks for the tip off tradshirt

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 3,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭coolwings

How about Bray, or Courtown angling? They are possibly worth a call.

coolwings wrote: »
    How about Bray, or Courtown angling? They are possibly worth a call.
    Yeah I'll give them a call next rime.. Was working close by naval so it was handy

• Registered Users Posts: 869 ✭✭✭Holyboy

Stop being lazy,get the worms your self;)worm hunting is nearly as exciting as fishing, find a large patch of grass that isnt too brightly lit at night,wait for a damp night,grab a dull torch and away you go,youll find huge lobworms all over the grass,youve got to be quick though!

Advertisement