Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Randy Orton does a spectacular radio interview

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 230 ✭✭JamesMania

Where does orton get off slagging rocky lol

rocky achieved more in in his time there than orton and his father ever have or will achieve put together.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

Cowboy Bob has something the Rock doesn't have though.....Hepatitis C.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,116 ✭✭✭starviewadams

Orton's sounds like great auld craic!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭drayme

JamesMania wrote: »
    Where does orton get off slagging rocky lol

rocky achieved more in in his time there than orton and his father ever have or will achieve put together.

Yet Rock had to name drop HHH to Vince to get Randy into trouble

drayme wrote: »
    Yet Rock had to name drop HHH to Vince to get Randy into trouble

Don't really get what thats meant to mean

• Advertisement

GTR63 wrote: »
    Don't really get what thats meant to mean

Did you listen to the interview? Randy was critical of the Rock during a press call. Rock complained to Vince. Rock thought that wasnt enough so he dropped Trippers name in there.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,926 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

Really enjoyed that, he sounds like a laugh!

Enjoyed the interview other than that Rock crap because its clearly bull****.

Countless people have talked about how awesome Rocky is backstage. Its honestly laughable hearing him say how rock doesnt write his own stuff and how cena is better on the mic, its a joke.

Although it was awesome hearing him say Cena isnt a good wrestler, he is too bulky and very robotic.

Enjoyed the interview other than that Rock crap because its clearly bull****.

Countless people have talked about how awesome Rocky is backstage. Its honestly laughable hearing him say how rock doesnt write his own stuff and how cena is better on the mic, its a joke.

Although it was awesome hearing him say Cena isnt a good wrestler, he is too bulky and very robotic.

The wack of bias off this post.

The Rock didnt get stellar reviews backstage this time around or at the Hall of Fame induction he did. He would keep away from the locker room, would leave after his segments etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭Ridley

Nice change from the poop bag stories.

Like this recent rise in proper interviews with WWE guys who are still employed come to think of it

• Advertisement

drayme wrote: »
    The wack of bias off this post.

The Rock didnt get stellar reviews backstage this time around or at the Hall of Fame induction he did. He would keep away from the locker room, would leave after his segments etc.

yeah because the opinions of Randy Orton matter. I will listen to the likes of Austin, Y2J, HHH, HBK even, and Vince himself.

Vince showed more respect to Rocky than he had to anyone else with that birthday show and what he said.

Fact is Rock has always been respectful, puts guys over etc etc , the same cant be said for Orton.

Oh and the fact Orton actually said Rock uses writers and cena doesnt just makes his views null and void.

The likes of Y2J and Austin have said Rocky is the best ever on the mic, so I will trust them

yeah because the opinions of Randy Orton matter. I will listen to the likes of Austin, Y2J, HHH, HBK even, and Vince himself.

Vince showed more respect to Rocky than he had to anyone else with that birthday show and what he said.

Fact is Rock has always been respectful, puts guys over etc etc , the same cant be said for Orton.

Oh and the fact Orton actually said Rock uses writers and cena doesnt just makes his views null and void.

The likes of Y2J and Austin have said Rocky is the best ever on the mic, so I will trust them

I right about the bias thing. I see why Orton's opinion doesnt matter. I am not defending Ortons track record backstage btw.

Cena writes a lot of his own material while Rock has always being heavily scripted by Gerwitz.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

I would rather a wrestler have something written for him and deliver it with charisma and passion rather than seeing one cut what he wrote himself and it be stale and boring.
    The greatest actors speak the words of other men, theres no shame in doing it if you do it well. Its strange that Randy is against that.

I guess Orton being a 3rd generation athlete means that he grew up hearing his dad go on about that a wrestler should be able to do everything without any help. I suppose it would explain his stance on it.

I read he said Cena was the best on the stick in wwe by a distance even before what happened on Monday he should know thats a gigantic pile of crap. Also wondering why he says Rock had a word with Vince as if he hasn't ever had a bitch to Vince.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,444 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

He apologised on Twitter for his comments about K2....

Yesterday I put my foot in my mouth and I need to try my best to make it right. I owe Kelly K an apology.

The fact that she has dated a few guys I work with doesn't make her a bad person, and is also none of my or anyone elses buisness.

Yesterday I got caught up in a live radio interview and brought Kelly's personal life into it. It was completely uncalled for.

Kelly I hope one day you can forgive me. I do however understand if that doesn't happen.

Please everyone trash me all you want, but please drop this topic out of respect for Barb.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,685 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

He apologised on Twitter for his comments about K2....

Yesterday I put my foot in my mouth and I need to try my best to make it right. I owe Kelly K an apology.

The fact that she has dated a few guys I work with doesn't make her a bad person, and is also none of my or anyone elses buisness.

Yesterday I got caught up in a live radio interview and brought Kelly's personal life into it. It was completely uncalled for.

Kelly I hope one day you can forgive me. I do however understand if that doesn't happen.

Please everyone trash me all you want, but please drop this topic out of respect for Barb.

wonder will he have to make any more,wouldent be shocked if Henry wanted an apology for Orton joking about him being a Rapist :pac:

liked hearing him talk about Sheamus cos considering the tone of the interview you would think he is speaking honestly and it fits what others have said about Big Red. Guy seems to be a workhorse who everyone likes working with cos he makes their job easier.

I was laughing about the Kelly stuff but tbh she deserved an apology. Ortons an odd one as far as dressing room leader too but his position and the absence of people like Taker would put him there. He does say he is happy to help guys with their matches but as he says about non match stuff I cant imagine him being the best at giving advice though this interview doesmake me think he would be more approachable than i did before.

Orton was a lil silly here but he was also smart in as much as his position/status will probably mean this interview didnt actually annoy anyone important. He can get away with suggesting that including Edge the number of folk to spear Kelly Kelly is in double figures and laughing about it but sure they will tell him to apologise to her so it doesent get worse.

Interviewis worth listening to just for how out of character it is, for instance the talk of John Cena puking in Hornswaggles house after ****ting himself. aww PW, everyone has a story about ****ting themselves it would seem

• Registered Users Posts: 3,848 ✭✭✭Pentecost

Had a listen to this last night, Orton came across well. Even the Kelly Kelly thing he didn't really mean any major offence just got a bit carried away as if he was joking around with mates. Though Mark Henry probably wasn't chuffed I guess. I don't know why, but I was a bit surprised by how well he seems to get on with Sheamus. I guess I thought that Orton would have been one of the ones reportedly grumbling when he got his initial push. Maybe they feel he's put in the work now and deserves his spot.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,799 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

That was pretty good.

• Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭jrochie

Not listened to the full interview yet, just heard the first 20 mins the other day.

Personally thought the Kelly Kelly stuff was out of order really, fine to make a joke of it but he really took it to far, but like others said i think it was more a case of him having a laugh and going to far with it.

The Rock/Cena stuff was comical to me, ya it might be what he thinks is the truth but to the vast majority of people I've seen think he's out of his mind!
    True Rock works a lot with Gerwirtz for his promo, but his delivery is just fantastic. His timing is perfect, he plays off the crowd perfect, and the promo's entertain all members of the audience, kids and adults. If anything the likes of Cena and Orton should be working with Gerwirtz themselves!

I'd be slightly skeptical about what he said about Rock going to Vince like that but you'd never know. Personally I can't understand the negativity towards Rock from the current crop of guys, I mean every appearance he's made has benefited the company, he spikes a rating when he is on, they get a huge buy rate for Wrestlemania which translates into bigger paydays for the guys. Personally if my boss brought someone in occasionally that resulted in my getting paid more I'd be happy!

But anyway this looks like im crapping on Orton, actually what I heard of the interview was really entertaining even if i didn't agree with most of it! He showed some good personality in it, which his on screen character rarely does. Oh and it might just be me but if i worked with Mark Henry I would do everything in my power to not make fun of him or annoy him! Guy could literally rip your head off! Hope he's got a good sense of humor!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

jrochie wrote: »
    Not listened to the full interview yet, just heard the first 20 mins the other day.

Personally thought the Kelly Kelly stuff was out of order really, fine to make a joke of it but he really took it to far, but like others said i think it was more a case of him having a laugh and going to far with it.

The Rock/Cena stuff was comical to me, ya it might be what he thinks is the truth but to the vast majority of people I've seen think he's out of his mind!
    True Rock works a lot with Gerwirtz for his promo, but his delivery is just fantastic. His timing is perfect, he plays off the crowd perfect, and the promo's entertain all members of the audience, kids and adults. If anything the likes of Cena and Orton should be working with Gerwirtz themselves!

I'd be slightly skeptical about what he said about Rock going to Vince like that but you'd never know. Personally I can't understand the negativity towards Rock from the current crop of guys, I mean every appearance he's made has benefited the company, he spikes a rating when he is on, they get a huge buy rate for Wrestlemania which translates into bigger paydays for the guys. Personally if my boss brought someone in occasionally that resulted in my getting paid more I'd be happy!

But anyway this looks like im crapping on Orton, actually what I heard of the interview was really entertaining even if i didn't agree with most of it! He showed some good personality in it, which his on screen character rarely does. Oh and it might just be me but if i worked with Mark Henry I would do everything in my power to not make fun of him or annoy him! Guy could literally rip your head off! Hope he's got a good sense of humor!
    Do you think wrestlers get a precentage of the buys:confused:

They're probably annoyed that someone who hasn't wrestled in years gets bigger pops than them despite them being the ones performing week in week out

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,289 ✭✭✭parker kent

Do you think wrestlers get a precentage of the buys:confused:

They're probably annoyed that someone who hasn't wrestled in years gets bigger pops than them despite them being the ones performing week in week out

Wrestlers get more money when the PPV gets more buyrates. Wrestlemania is their biggest payday each year.

Advertisement