Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anchor Caravan Park Castlegregory

Options
  • 29-06-2011 2:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭

Hi,
    We are thinking of staying here soon for a week of camping. We are a family of 2 adults, 1 toddler and a dog so this campsite looks ideal. My only concern is that I have come across very mixed reviews over on trip advisor so we're looking for a near alternative campsite if when we get there we decide its not for us (or in case its fully booked). Does anyone know a campsite near, within a half hours drive would be ideal, that would be a good alternative? I have been looking online but havent come across any yet.
    Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭waterboy15

Eyeore wrote: »
    Hi,
    We are thinking of staying here soon for a week of camping. We are a family of 2 adults, 1 toddler and a dog so this campsite looks ideal. My only concern is that I have come across very mixed reviews over on trip advisor so we're looking for a near alternative campsite if when we get there we decide its not for us (or in case its fully booked). Does anyone know a campsite near, within a half hours drive would be ideal, that would be a good alternative? I have been looking online but havent come across any yet.
    Thanks in advance.
    See alanrogers.com/IR9550 for un biased view, they list their favourite campsites every year and anchor is on list. We stayed there in may kids loved the 2 playgrounds though it was too cold to visit the beach access from anchor. Tv room and free wifi cheap showers and nice and clean. Nearest restaurant/ pub 1 km food very tasty. Also stayed in woodlands tralee only about 20 mins away, lovely campsite near aquadome and cinema and a short walk into tralee with a platground also, 2 hotels just up lane for food etc, this was one of my fav sites.

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭Eyeore

Thanks Waterboy15, its good to hear other people's experiences of a campsite. We are now torn between 3 different places, all in Kerry but not very near to each other.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭irishtear

Woodlands without a doubt,I am staying there at the moment,fantastic spot,best in Tralee.:)Twenty mins drive to Castlegregory.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭RubyGirl

+1 on Woodlands, lovely site. We have staye there a couple of times aswell.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Calmmum

Eyeore wrote: »
    Hi,
    We are thinking of staying here soon for a week of camping. We are a family of 2 adults, 1 toddler and a dog so this campsite looks ideal. My only concern is that I have come across very mixed reviews over on trip advisor so we're looking for a near alternative campsite if when we get there we decide its not for us (or in case its fully booked....

How did ye get on??? Thinking of heading down on Tuesday and wondering was it ok? Mannix point near Valencia island is also being considered.
    Thanks for any advice!

• Advertisement
Advertisement