Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Facebook, becoming a real heartache

Options
  • 29-06-2011 2:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭

I have the iphone facebook app and its becoming a heartache, its stopped updating notifications, updating messages etc etc

I have logged onto itunes and updated the app, I have deleated and reinstalled the app 3 times now and its still happening

A couple of months ago I stopped getting emails to notify me or anything on my page (which happens to be a small biz page). I got no warning or comments, tagged pics, messages etc and so I have to log in all the time
    - maybe thats the idea?
    I have all the settings correct to recieve email notifications

Is it because I am using facebook as a small biz? Can I get this fixed? Or contact facebook?

Doing my nut in so it is (;

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,221 ✭✭✭BrianD

IF you go into your account settings you can select all the items that you want to be notified of and the e-mail address they go to.

I do recall that there is a setting somewhere (can/t remember where it is or if it's still there) that stops Facebook contacting you directly by e-mail - I think it might be other updates from Facebook. When you read it it seems that you want to opt out of receiving marketing info from Facebook. The unfortunate side effect is that by opting out you also won't receive any update notifications about your pages at all. Did you change any privacy settings recently?

The other thing is to go to your page and check the settings under "your settings". You might have unchecked the notification box there.

The app can be a bit buggy and it's recognaised as a big Facebook weakness.

Advertisement