Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IOE Christmas Revision Courses?

Options
  • 29-06-2011 1:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,989 ✭✭✭

Are they any good?. They're fairly expensive and I don't want to waste my money on them if they're of poor quality. Would be going for French (HL) and Economics (HL), anyone know what the teachers for those subjects are like?. Any advice would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

:pac:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭brian93

I came all the way up from Kerry do attend last Christmas, and it was excellent. Particularly Maths and German. Personally though, as good as it was, I think I would have been much better off doing the easter course, as it's nearer to the leaving. The notes are good, although I wasn't impressed too much with the Chemistry and Biology ones I got, and didn't learn much from them.

I would reccommend it, but if I was to go again, I'd pick Easter.

• Registered Users Posts: 519 ✭✭✭AnneElizabeth

Did English and Irish, English was brilliant, but very fast and condensed. Irish wasn't as good, but there's more than one teacher. The notes really are brilliant though, pity all the Irish poems/story notes are now useless.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,989 ✭✭✭PictureFrame

Did English and Irish, English was brilliant, but very fast and condensed. Irish wasn't as good, but there's more than one teacher. The notes really are brilliant though, pity all the Irish poems/story notes are now useless.
    Can I ask how much the course was for you?.

• Registered Users Posts: 479 ✭✭LittleMissLost

I did Irish, French, Geography and Home Ec al at HL at Christmas.

Irish: Excellent. The teacher was fantastic and the notes were brilliant. Couldn't really fault it.

Geography: Split into 4 Physical, Regional, Huma and Economic which I found the biggest waste of money EVER. I did human and although the notes were good it's only like 12% of your result! So a bit of a con really.

Home Ec: Was good but the notes were just the book typed out with bits left out..

French: Very good. The teacher was enthusiastic and held my attention but he kept going on about how great the IOE was whichwas annoying coming from a normal school!

If you want to PM me I cangive you the names of the teachers I had.

• Registered Users Posts: 519 ✭✭✭AnneElizabeth

Can I ask how much the course was for you?.

It was 400 and something (I went to the Easter ones though I assume they're the same). I think the Easter ones are longer though (1 hr 30 mins), I think the Christmas ones are only 1 hr 15 mins, can't find any info on the website.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

I did Saturday grinds in the IOE in French(H) and Maths(H).

Maths(H) - Excellent class. A great teacher with very detailed notes with great worked examples. He also correctly predicted that we would have a difficult paper this year.
    French(H) - Another excellent class. Notes were detailed on grammar rules and there were many reading comprehension exercises and phrases for the written pieces. A great teacher too.

Advertisement