Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best way to catalogue info/links

Options
  • 29-06-2011 1:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭

How does everyone here catalogue their best finds, wether it be stock/tutorials/blogs etc?

I tend to save them but seems to be alot of hassle at times.
    im looking for a way to save links as well, I havent used bookmarking in a longtime, what does everyone use here?

ALSO can someone recommend any good RSS readers? too many blogs to keep track of

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭PaulPinnacle

Evernote.

Superb little tool that you'll wonder how you ever managed without, once you're actively using it. Can take a little time to get up to speed with and figure out a system that works for you (e.g. make the tagging intuitive for easy recall of important information), but well worth making the investment (in terms of time, it's a free tool) there.

I use a combination of Feedly and Google Reader for RSS, neither perfect and being used less and less all the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

thanks, il check it out.
    I got it for the iphone but didnt think much of it, mainly because it was on the phone !

• Registered Users Posts: 912 ✭✭✭chakotha

I use bookmarks split into folders such as
    CSS
    JQuery
    PHP
    Ajax
    Graphics
    Web Design
    Web Dev General
    Servery stuff - Apache etc
    Security
    etc etc

I'll check out Evernote.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,362 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

Using delicious for this type of bookmarking has been a godsend for me.

Just set the default to "Mark as Private". I was a little worried when I thought they might be winding down but that's not happening now.

Connect it with your Twitter if you want to share what you're bookmarking with others.

Suggested tags (and current tags) means it takes about 5 seconds to bookmark your pages.

I use Vienna as my RSS feeder. Don't need much more beyond reading a feed. Opening it in my browser if it catches my interest. Then a CMD + D and it's bookmarked for later reading.

Advertisement