Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Smackdown July 1st SPOILERS

Options
  • 29-06-2011 6:22am
    Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,447 Mod ✭✭✭✭

The Money in the Bank briefcase is hanging above the ring. Teddy Long banned Christian from ringside during the Randy Orton vs. Mark Henry match. Christian demanded a match against Orton at Money in the Bank.

* Randy Orton beat Mark Henry by countout. Big Show's music played and caught Henry off guard. Randy hit an RKO outside, and Henry was counted out. Henry headed to the technical area and went nuts. He grabbed the music tech and started trashing the area. He tossed the tech. Huge heat for Henry.

* Daniel Bryan vs. Ted DiBiase. Daniel Bryan came out with no music. Its no music night now. I hate you, Henry! Really good back and forth match. A submission win for Bryan.

Long was in the back. Christian asked for a title shot. Long blamed him for playing Big Show's music. Christian vs. Sin Cara tonight! Huge pop for this.

Cody rhodes talked trash to DiBiase in the back.
    3. Christian defeated Sin Cara. The music was back for this match. The fans went nuts for Sin Cara, who used some very fancy moves. He almost messed up two moves. Christian quickly recovered to help Sin Cara complete the moves. Spear for the win by Christian.

A contract signing for Orton vs. Christian was advertised for later in the show.

4. Cody Rhodes (w/Ted DiBiase) beat Ezekiel Jackson in a non-title match. Cody got the win after DiBiase distracted Zeke.

Johnny Curtis was shown in the back. He delivered a horrible promo.

5. Kane beat Wade Barrett. I think this might have been for a spot in Money in the Bank, but nothing was announced. Rather, there was just a close up shot of the briefcase. A chokeslam by Kane for the win, and the MITB case was in focus again.

A table was set up for the contract signing and the taping his moving quickly. Teddy Long came out and then both wrestlers were introduced. Christian got some pops, and Orton got the monster pop. Christian had a lawyer with him. The contract states that if the referee makes a mistake or a bad call, he gets an automatic rematch.

Good interaction between the two men. Orton signed the contract, but Christian stalled. Sheamus attacked Orton before Christian signed. Sheamus laid out both men and tore up the contract. Sheamus left both men lying to end the show.

================

Think there's a second Smackdown being taped currently so I'll post those spoilers in another topic if they come out :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

Sheamus is back!! :D

means we wont have to see orton vs christian again (triple threat) and they can finally give christian the belt without having orton lose!

• Registered Users Posts: 85,911 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

The contract states that if the referee makes a mistake or a bad call, he gets an automatic rematch.

To ensure we will have Christian V Orton again at SS I'd say

• Registered Users Posts: 1,448 ✭✭✭Garseys

Wow Smackdown sounds awesome this week.

Can't wait to see Jackson vs Rhodes. (I'd love to see Rhodes pick up the IC Title)

and yes! Fella is back!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,391 ✭✭✭D2D

Sounds like another awesome SD:D
    Think there's a second Smackdown being taped currently so I'll post those spoilers in another topic if they come out :)

AFAIK, that's being tapped tonight

• Registered Users Posts: 6,116 ✭✭✭starviewadams

Give Danielson a proper feud,or at least include him in MITB!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,175 ✭✭✭Ridley

Wish qualifiers were held for MitB on both brands instead of just stating the opponents but 'twas a good. Christian's "I can't see with these lights!" during his Sin Cara match was the best moment, Barrett vs Kane was by far the weakest in my opinion.

Mark Henry and Ezekiel Jackson had good matches with Orton and Rhodes, which was a nice surprise. Was hoping that Johnny Curtis was showing he could draw but he was just painting himself into a corner. :(

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

I'd love to see Danielson in MitB, and even potentially winning it.

And kinda thought they'd do a Benoit/HBK/HHH for Seamus thing like at Wrestlemania 20 (I think it was that one), where HBK laid out Benoit, signed the contract himself and got into the match.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,175 ✭✭✭Ridley

Denny M wrote: »
    I'd love to see Danielson in MitB, and even potentially winning it.

20110630_mitb_smackdown_l.jpg

It's been granted. :)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,205 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

No Uso's this week?

I enjoyed the show overall.

Great to see Sheamus back already.

Cool to see Bryan winning with another move.

Advertisement