Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Scanning Issue

Options
  • 28-06-2011 8:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 101 ✭✭

I can print off my HP printer but when I attempt to scan the printer says "not connected to the USB". It clearly is as (A) I can see it with my own eyes (B) I can print, therefore it must be connected to USB.

Any thoughts? Suggestions?

I am not using wireless printing in case anyone suggests it!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,772 ✭✭✭Lazarus2.0

Is the scanner component of the HP software installed ? Windows wouldnt necessarily see the scanner unless it is (it sees scanner and printer as separate devices) .

Depending on your OS you should find installed scanners somewhere in Control Panel e.g. Scanners and Cameras in Vista . If nothing is shown run the CD that came with your printer/scanner or download and instal the software for your model and OS from HP support site

Advertisement