Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dell XPS 710 Motherboard dead!!

Options
  • 28-06-2011 7:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭

Anyone know where I could get a motherboard for a dell XPS 710?? Or upgrade from a 710 motherboard to a 720, I heard the motherboard of a 720 would fit the case of the 710.

Dell a few years ago had a upgrade program where you could upgrade your 710 motherboard to a 720 motherboard because they knew they were faulty.

Or could someone recommend a motherboard that would fit the case of the 710?

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,386 ✭✭✭EKRIUQ

The only motherboard you can replace in the 710 is either another 710 or a 720 motherboard. the Board is BTX design and completely proprietary.Any other type of system board would require extensive case modifications as well as power supply replacement. The instruction sheet was never published on Dell site

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭one4one

EKRIUQ wrote: »
    The only motherboard you can replace in the 710 is either another 710 or a 720 motherboard. the Board is BTX design and completely proprietary.Any other type of system board would require extensive case modifications as well as power supply replacement. The instruction sheet was never published on Dell site

Shame I really like the XPS Case. I found a I/O plate off a 720 on eBay as its slightly different layout out on the 710 so if I could just find a either a 710 or 720 motherboard now. See one on 720 motherboard adverts for €250 bit pricey tho.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 98 ✭✭kravicecreama

one4one wrote: »
    Shame I really like the XPS Case. I found a I/O plate off a 720 on eBay as its slightly different layout out on the 710 so if I could just find a either a 710 or 720 motherboard now. See one on 720 motherboard adverts for €250 bit pricey tho.
    Its a long shot but is the origional mobo really dead? I am not questionoing your tech level.....but just tell us what the story is?
    It might help other xps owners know when it time to move on.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭Sniipe

In the end I had to sell my m/b in parts

My Story

Sniipe wrote: »
    In the end I had to sell my m/b in parts

My Story

Cheers

I seen the ad you had up on adverts that you sold the xps working?

Did you get another motherboard to fit?

• Advertisement

one4one wrote: »
    Cheers

I seen the ad you had up on adverts that you sold the xps working?

Did you get another motherboard to fit?

Sorry just looked at the ad again, You bought it not sold it!! I seen your other ad where you stripped it for parts.

Advertisement