Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Candar/caminar

Options
  • 28-06-2011 5:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 40

conas tá sibh, I was just going over some verbs and came across "candar" and "caminar" both of which, according to the book, mean "to walk", just curious as to whether there is any subtle difference between the two or are they just two different ways of saying the same thing? The book im using uses the spanish used in spain but throws in a few points here and there as to differences between spain and latin america

maith agaibh

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 729 ✭✭✭scruff321

Honestly ive never heard anyone use "candar" as a means of expressing "caminar", maybe its old Spanish or regional ive never heard of it anyway, candar means to unlock. "Pasear" is to go for a walk, as in a walk in the park, you could also use "andar" as a means of expressing to walk.

IMO scrap "Candar", and maybe that book :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 Gael Uirbeach

apologies i just looked at the book again and it is indeed like you say "andar" not "candar" my mistake:o , thanks for that, so now i havent my verbs mixed up does my original question make any sense? replacing "candar" with "andar" that is

• Registered Users Posts: 729 ✭✭✭scruff321

ha thought that was a bit strange! anyway they are basically the same thing "to walk" no sutitle difference, "pasear" is "to go for a walk" thats the difference between it and the other two.

Advertisement