Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fishing tours on the River Suck and Shannon

Options
  • 28-06-2011 3:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 783 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    I'm looking for someone to bring tourist(s) on day fishing trips on the River Suck in south Roscommon, around Athleague/Mount Talbot etc
    are there any providers around?

also the shannon/lough Ree in the same general area.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭bitemybanger

Yes, I know a lad who brings tourists fishing on the Shannon or the Suck.
    Mostly pike fishing, he is one of the best pike anglers in the country himself and knows theese two rivers like the back of his hand.
    I can PM you his number if interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 783 ✭✭✭learnerplates

Mostly pike fishing, he is one of the best pike anglers in the country himself and knows theese two rivers like the back of his hand.

please do PM me, I have and will have tourists coming over the following months.thanks.

please do PM me, I have and will have tourists coming over the following months.thanks.

PM sent.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭dodderangler

i fished the suck recently and was told to fish where the suck meets another smaller river and fish the mouth of it but 4 times ive been down and still have not found this spot i fished two comps there an 2 fish that one it were both caught here an were bout in the 20lb mark do u kno the area im talkin about?

i fished the suck recently and was told to fish where the suck meets another smaller river and fish the mouth of it but 4 times ive been down and still have not found this spot i fished two comps there an 2 fish that one it were both caught here an were bout in the 20lb mark do u kno the area im talkin about?

Probably the Shivern.
    Can be hit and miss around there and although the Shivern looks very nice it will break your heart.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭dodderangler

Probably the Shivern.
    Can be hit and miss around there and although the Shivern looks very nice it will break your heart.
    yeah thats the one i think ive caught small pike in that river but was told the big lads are at the mouth

• Registered Users Posts: 783 ✭✭✭learnerplates

PM sent.

bitemybanger,
    thanks for that, I'll see if I can give him a shout this eve.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,616 ✭✭✭8k2q1gfcz9s5d4

Thats my local stretch, can actually see my house in the distance from the bank! the mouth of the shiven is a good "big Fish" spot. Its annoying for me, im on the roscommon side, which is virtually unfishable beause of weeds, the galway side has no weeds, but the bank is dangerous. because of this, I dont fish it that often, tend to fish around 1km downstream.

Love spinning the shiven in the summer with a light rod, one evening last summer i had 2 jacks and 18 perch on the one number 4 meps!

dodderangler, PM me on the details of where you were looking for the shiven and il point you in the right direction!

Advertisement