Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clothes for Madrid

Options
  • 28-06-2011 3:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,941 ✭✭✭

Hi folks,

Heading to Madrid in a few weeks. Know it's going to be hot! Any suggestions for clothing to wear? What type of material etc?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭PcAngel

I would wait until you would get to Madrid as H& M, Mango and Zara and much cheaper there!

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭sidelines

I've been to Madrid in May and it is hot even at that time. The city goes on siesta and most of the shops etc shut in the afternoon at the hottest part of the day. It's good in that if you get very hot from wandering around in the morning, you can go back to hotel and have a nap/shower/change and then have another wander around in the evening around 5-7, then out for dinner around 10 - it's a city to go out late late in and wandering into a restaurant at 11pm for dinner is completely normal.

In that sort of heat I prefer dresses and skirts with vest tops rather than trousers which sometimes feel like they are sticking to you in intense heat. Cotton is the way to go. As previous poster said, Zara is all over the place there and much much cheaper than here.

Have a ball, it's a great city

Advertisement