Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Manufacturers Warrenty

Options
  • 28-06-2011 3:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8

Hi all.

I bought a silent night single divan bed & mattress from Argos in October 2008 and recently the mattress springs on one side of the bed have collapsed.

I rang Argos regarding this issue and they asked me if I had bought an extended warrenty which I didn't at the time, but I told them that the bed has a 5 year warrenty with the product so they told me to get in contact with the manufacturers themselves (Silent Night).

I rang silent night and told them of the problem and asked for a replacement but they weren't entertaining me in the slightest.

So please, can I have some advise on what direction to take to get this issue rectified.

I will inform the National Consumer agency for help also and see what happens.

THANKS,

Mark

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,279 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Your contract is with Argos; manufacturer warranty is in addition to this so the answer is back to Argos again.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 LFC-1892

Hi Nody.

Cheers :)

I rang the National Consumer agency earlier and they told me same.

So for anyone needing to know what to do in this scenario :

1. Contact the company you bought the product from and tell them about your issue and ask for a replacement, repair or refund depending on your situation.

2. If you had no luck with step one, send a formal letter with registered post outlining the issue in hand and your requests.

3. Give the company some time to respond (ie. month to respond)

4. After the trial period is over and still no sponse, well then get onto the small claims court for assistance.

Hope this helps

Advertisement