Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to get rid of old monitors?

Options
  • 28-06-2011 12:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 515 ✭✭✭

I have a heavy problem, I'm moving apartments and I'm left with a heavy 15" CRT screen that I want to get rid of. It's fully functional but I don't need it anymore. So how can I properly get rid of it? I live in the city centre of Dublin but I don't have a car so I don't wanna end up carrying it around town in my arms. So what options do I have? I also have the same problem with a 17" Samsung TFT (it works except that it doesn't always turn on) and a computer case in it with a dead mobo and a functional floppy drive.

So how do I get rid of all that? I need to get rid of it all fast. Is anyone interested in getting me rid of that? I'll throw in a 20 to get rid of that stuff without having to carry it.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭johndoe99

try adverts, under 'free stuff'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 515 ✭✭✭A_SN

johndoe99 wrote: »
    try adverts, under 'free stuff'
    Ok thanks. What about regular getting-rid-of-it? I don't suppose I can just put those things on the streets without it being considered litterring? Even if put them in bags and stick a bin tag on them? :D Is there any way to get it collected?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭uch

Throw it in your Green recycling bin

21/25

uch wrote: »
    Throw it in your Green recycling bin
    Not sure if serious...

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Local recycling centres take them, I've got rid of old computers at my local place.
    Under WEEE they should take them free.

But if you post it on adverts.ie someone else can get enjoyment out of it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

If you don't want to carry it to a recycling centre your left with getting someone off adverts to come to you. Although at this stage I don't know who'd want a CRT, even if it is free.

ScumLord wrote: »
    If you don't want to carry it to a recycling centre your left with getting someone off adverts to come to you. Although at this stage I don't know who'd want a CRT, even if it is free.
    Yeah I know... mostly a 15" CRT... I'm now actually considering taking a cab with it to the nearest recycling centre. Not that I do where that would be, from Phibsborough.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,981 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭spoonface

Advertisement