Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

M.A. Pill Experience

Options
  • 28-06-2011 2:24am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 15

Alright, so we had too much to drink.. and who knew that after two months of being with me she was ready to lose her virginity to me, we love each other so there's no harm in that respect right?
    I think I was more nervous then her, I wanted it to be the right time and decision for her.. She seemed genuine however and she even convinced me that we would get the "morning after pill" first thing the following morning.

It's day 3 now and after talking to my brother about it, who's been through the same experience with his long term girlfriend, I'm still worried about my girlfriend.

Has anyone ever been as scared as I am about this? :confused:

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,118 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Moved from N&F.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,673 ✭✭✭Miss Fluff

What are you scared about exactly? Has your GF been to get the MAP and has she taken it?

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Were you using the morning after pill as contraception, rather than emergency contraception?? Did she have sex with you, telling you she would get the MAP the next day rather than asking you to use a condom at the time?

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭lace

OP, your post is a little confusing. Are you saying you didn't have any condoms, she wasn't on any kind of contraceptive so ye decided to use the MAP instead?

If this is the case this is a very dangerous practise. Not only is the MAP less effective than regular contraception but it's also a seriously high dosage of hormones that can really mess up a woman's system.

Has your girlfriend actually taken the MAP?

If she hasn't yet then day 3 is a bit late tbh. If she hasn't taken it yet you're probably going to have to wait and hope for her next period to arrive.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 lionfish

Immaturely, we didn't have any contraception and she assured me that we would get the MAP the following morning. I was concerned about it but considering earlier circumstances, we'd probably have gotten the MAP anyway to be safe.
    She took it straight away, both of us were worried and had realised our folly.
    It's been 4 days since and after reading those instructions five times over, all we can do is wait. :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,673 ✭✭✭Miss Fluff

I'd learn from this experience - replying on the MAP as a form of contraception is very silly but I guess you're to be commended on the other hand for at least taking it. It is "emergency" contraception after all....only to be used in emergencies though. :)

It is very effective if taken correctly so try not to worry. Taking it will affect when she bleeds so she could bleed well before her period is due, bang on time or some time after. It's a waiting game but the earlier you take it the more effective it is so good to see that she took it within 24 hours.

I think it imperative for both of you that you educate yourselves on a long-term method of reliable contraception from hereonin. You should make an appointment with your local family planning clinic and they will talk you through your options.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 lionfish

Miss Fluff wrote: »
    I'd learn from this experience - replying on the MAP as a form of contraception is very silly but I guess you're to be commended on the other hand for at least taking it. It is "emergency" contraception after all....only to be used in emergencies though. :)

Thanks for advice :)
    The lesson at the end of the day is to always carry a condom

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭Distorted

I think the Morning After Pill is very reliable and you have little to worry about. I don't think its recommended as long term contraception or frequent use though as it can be quite hard on a woman's body and hormones. But its good that you did at least think about contraception rather than waiting and hoping. It would be highly unlikely to fail if taken according to the instructions. Better planning to have used condoms though in what was already a two month relationship.

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

I think it's frightening to think that anyone would use the MAP as a form of contraception. In future, if you don't have a condom you need to just say 'no'. I think it's very important that your girlfriend reads up the side effects of the MAP, it's not something which should be messed with or used casually when no condom is available.

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭lace

Glad she took it on time, OP. :) It's just a case of waiting for the bleeding to come on now.

In future though, as other posters have said, it's really not a good idea to go ahead and have sex if you don't have contraception. The MAP is supposed to be for emergencies and it's really something your girlfriend should not take again for a long time.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement