Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Camping in Budapest in August.

Options
  • 27-06-2011 11:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭

Hey all.

Im heading to Budapest this August for the last few days of the Sziget festival. I'll be there for 8 days. I am planning on camping for the whole week with the first 3 at the festival then a few days in the city, staying here http://www.romaicamping.hu/ then the last few days a bit further out near the hills, staying here http://www.campingniche.hu/
    Maybe get some hiking in too.

Thing is, ive been looking into Hungry this time of year and its meant to be extremely hot between 30 - 40 celsius not sure about night time temps though, so I am wondering about sleeping bags. I have a 3 season and it is very warm even during the cold winter we just had. Could I leave this at home, as it is very big and bulky and just use a liner, the thread on liners suggests that it should be grand but I just wanted another opinion, also which type would be best?

any other advice would be great also! Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 753 ✭✭✭Needler

is there no portable camping air contitioner that runs off a battery you can buy now?

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭foolelle

Needler wrote: »
    is there no portable camping air contitioner that runs off a battery you can buy now?

yes there is plenty but you see i want to keep the weight down.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,701 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

A liner would indeed be plenty, even a blanket would be sufficient. A mosquito net would be a very good buy as it could be placed over any openings to allow movement of air, but no flies or mosies in the tent.

Tabnabs wrote: »
    A liner would indeed be plenty, even a blanket would be sufficient. A mosquito net would be a very good buy as it could be placed over any openings to allow movement of air, but no flies or mosies in the tent.

ah a mosquito net - hadnt even thought of that - thanks tabnabs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 753 ✭✭✭Needler

foolelle wrote: »
    yes there is plenty but you see i want to keep the weight down.

Maybe one of those portable fan thingies that also sprays water would be of some use, dirt cheap, runs on AA's and very compact

• Advertisement

Needler wrote: »
    Maybe one of those portable fan thingies that also sprays water would be of some use, dirt cheap, runs on AA's and very compact

its worth looking into i suppose although im not too sure about spraying water all over the inside of the tent. may have other uses though

Advertisement