Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to buy men's trousers.

Options
  • 27-06-2011 10:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I'm not sure if many men post on this forum but maybe someone can help me out with this...

I'm guess sort of fussy I suppose when it comes to my trousers. Or I have really fat thighs.

I can't get trousers that are a decent, comfortable fit for me. Every pair I've tried in the last few years are far too tight around the thighs. If I sit down they're clinging to me. I can't put stuff into my pockets cos they're too tight. I usually know straight away when I put on a pair if they're going to work or not. I need something boot cut and nice and loose around the upper half.

I think it's the fashion these days.

I've tried getting trousers a waist size to big for me, they're more comfortable, but too loose in the waist so they're all bunched up when I wear a belt.

I'm 6'3"/36" waist/34" leg. Sexy as f*ck. etc.

My current trousers are two pairs of combats and a pair of jeans. All bought in Australia. All 4 years old. Combats are getting a bit dodgy and I'm going to be left with a hole in the backside of my trousers at work some day if I don't get some new pairs soon. The jeans are in decent enough shape. 3 pairs of trousers isn't really enough.

So I'm looking for somewhere to get some loose fitting trousers. Tried Urban Outfitters, Penney's, Dunnes, Jack and Jones, different brands in Arnotts, few other places as well.

Would American Apparel be any use?

Money doesn't really matter that much as if I got four years (and counting) out of my current pair of jeans I can look on it as a bit of an investment.

I don't really want trousers that are trying to hard to be fashionable - with lines or straps or writing or funky pockets or any of that crap on them. Just a nice plain pair of jeans.

Being unable to get a decent pair of trousers that doesn't fit you is really annoying. I'd understand it if I was an unusual shape or crazy skinny or overweight...

Thanks a billion!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

i'd avoid the chainstore/low end stores such as Dunnes or Penneys if you are looking for a fit other than the bog standard run of the mill measurements to cater for the masses.

You mentioned Arnotts (surprised they didn't have something that would fit). Maybe give Marks and Spencers and Debenhams a go. Debenhams have lots of brands with varying styles yet contemporary/stylish that you might get something you like. Be sure to consult with the sales staff as they "should be" trained in assisting in with specific customer fit requirements. Also for formal trousers, try Bests or Diffneys. Again, their staff would be more knowledgeable than a chainstore teenage salesperson. For jeans, try comfort fits rather than regular/straight/slim as they should be more roomy in the thighs. I thought Jack'n'Jones did a good range but maybe also try River Island, Burtons (Jervis SC/Blanchardstown) or even TK Maxx?

Finally, if still no joy, there is the Big and Tall shop out in Goatstown (southside) that just might have what you need. (not that you are particularly big or tall).

Advertisement