Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

creating apk files for android

Options
  • 27-06-2011 9:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭

I've created a mobile friendly webpage and created an app through appsgeyser.com for android 2.1+ and it works perfect but I'm trying to expand a bit and I'm looking for information on what creates those apps. From what I see so far an apk file is needed (although I may be wrong). I've tried downloading googleapps a couple of times but I think I have a problem with my pc (its 9 years old now) and before I do anymore research I just need to know if I'm on the right track. Is it a case that any work done needs to be saved as apk file which is then downloadable to the phone? I have done some programming before but before I dig down I just need to know that I'm on the right track. I think appsgeyser is good but it works on 2.1+

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

Its not clear what exactly you are trying to achieve, you dont need an apk to code for Android, you download the SDK and Eclipse and use the ADT eclipse plugin, code your app and when its compiled and built you have your apk for distribution.

Other option is to use appinventor if you only want to create a limited app.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭webpal

thanks, makes senseand I think I have a problem when trying to download the sdk from googleapps. Just on Corona sdk now, any experience with that?

Advertisement