Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hiring tent & extras for 2 people, dublin

Options
  • 27-06-2011 6:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 16

Hi,

Just wondering, is any business here in dublin which deals with hiring tents, sleeping bags, matresses?

I don't want to spend any money on the equipment, but wouldn't mind hiring it.

Or, is there any person who doesn't use it and would like to hire it?

Many thanks,
    J

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 753 ✭✭✭Needler

A lot of that stuff is cheap as chips. picked up a sleeping bag in Tesco for 14e the other day.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,140 ✭✭✭✭Esel

I will buy the equipment in Tesco and rent it to you for cost plus 25%. You can use it for as long as you like, and don't even have to bring it back to me. Do we have a deal? :D

Not your ornery onager

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,827 ✭✭✭Donny5

Esel wrote: »
    I will buy the equipment in Tesco and rent it to you for cost plus 25%. You can use it for as long as you like, and don't even have to bring it back to me. Do we have a deal? :D

Pssssh, this guy's a rip-off. I'll do it for 20%. In all seriousness, though, you can pick up ultra cheap gear in Tesco or Argos that will do most people and for not too much.

I haven't heard of anyone renting out this kind of gear in Dublin, and when you have a look of the economics, it's not too hard to see why. I have all the gear needed for camping: tent, two sleeping bags, two air mattresses, pump, cooker, pot and utensils. If I was to rent it out, assuming a 10% chance of damage per use, I'd need to be charging about €200 per week to make it worth my while.

I could buy the cheapest Tesco tat, and rent that out, but then the chance of gear failure would rocket, so I'd still need to charge about €150. That's without taking into account VAT or my time.

In the end, for €200, you could set yourself up with okay Argos kit that you actually own. Granted, it might only last the one trip, but you'd only have the use of my rented but higher quality kit for the one trip, anyway.

Advertisement