Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

External hard drive question

Options
  • 27-06-2011 4:51am
    Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭

My external hard drive has broken and I think that the problem is that the power source inside has broken, rather than the actual drive failing. If this is the case, is a fix as simple as lifting out the drive and putting into a new case?

If so, can anyone point me in the direction of cases online? The drive is a 500gb Iomega, with a Seagate Momentus 5400.6 drive inside, if that's any help.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 884 ✭✭✭Cork Skate

Check if you can open it first and then maybe try and put the drive in a caddy and backup the data. You may be able to get the power unit repaired as well before you go off and buy one .... although you'd get a 2TB Drive now for €80 so hardly worth your while if you can get your data.

Advertisement