Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Comet Elenin, Leonid Elenin

Options
  • 27-06-2011 12:26am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Hi all,

I done some research on the name Leonid Elenin, I looked at the ethmology of the names and I am looking for somebody to add to it. It all refers back to greek mythology. I am looking for somebody to add to the information. I have a link provided at the bottom

The name Elenin comes from elena, Helena.
    “Origin of the name Helen:
    Cognate of the Greek Helen‘, which is derived from the root (light,torch, bright).

The name is born in Greek legend by the beautiful wife of the king of Sparta. Her abduction by the
    Trojan prince Paris sparked off the Trojan War”
    Nemesis was known to be the daughter of Night though some call her the daughter of Erebus or Oceanus. She had two sets of twins Helen of Troy and Clytemnestra, and the Dioscuri and Polydeukes. Nemesis was the goddess of indignation against, and retribution for, evil deeds and undeserved good fortune. Nemesis (Nemesis, as the just balancer of Fortune's chance, could be associated with Tyche

“Elena Spanish the bright one.
    Helen Greek bright one, torchlight or helios "sun" Heleyne,
    Yelena in Russian shining light , Elena,”
    also of ; the greek found to mean "clear, chosen" or "bright, light, torch". Another source back to
    ‘l‘ (light, torch, bright)

Helios in greek was the sun god, another name given to helios was ''Apollo''
    The name Apollo is here understood to mean Apollon "Destroyer''

LEONID ELENIN as two names in greek mean..Helen(Elenin) was the daughter of nemises(Destroyer), she married the king of sparta, Leonidas.
    his surname means shining light or helios, helios is another name for apollo(destroyer)greek, and nin means ''The other personage using 'NIN' is the god Ninurta-(DNIN.URTA) who appears in Tablet I, and especially the *Flood myth* of Tablet XI'' example Noah's Ark.

The defination of the word leonid means, A shower of meteorites which fall from the area of sky around the constellation Leo in November
    The Leonids are a prolific meteor shower associated with the comet Tempel-Tuttle. The Leonids get their name from the location of their radiant in the constellation Leo: the meteors appear to radiate from that point in the sky.

The Etymology of the name Leonid is as follows...From Greek (leon) "lion". Leonidas was a Spartan king of the 5th century BC who sacrificed his life defending the pass of Thermopylae from the Persians.

more at link below

http://2012planetx.yolasite.com/

do you believe in the 2012 theory 1 vote

YES
    0% 0 votes
    NO
    100% 1 vote

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,092 ✭✭✭CiaranMT

• Registered Users Posts: 3,087 ✭✭✭Duiske

Elenin is an lump of icy muck measuring about 4km in diameter. At its closest to earth Elenin will be 34 million km's away. A pigeon in flight would have more effect on Earth than Elenin ever will.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,038 ✭✭✭jackiebaron

Duiske wrote: »
    Elenin is an lump of icy muck measuring about 4km in diameter. At its closest to earth Elenin will be 34 million km's away. A pigeon in flight would have more effect on Earth than Elenin ever will.

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 18,104 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

My small car has more of an influence on the earth than Comet Elenin! This, once again, is a typical example of the CTers desperately grasping onto something with a bit of pseudo-science thrown in for good measure. And then when the inevitable happens i.e. NOTHING, a new end of the world scenario will be concocted and the whole show will rumble on.......seriously, there must be a lot of people out there making a lot of money from inventing these fairy stories.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 mxm100

namloc1980 wrote: »
    My small car has more of an influence on the earth than Comet Elenin! This, once again, is a typical example of the CTers desperately grasping onto something with a bit of pseudo-science thrown in for good measure. And then when the inevitable happens i.e. NOTHING, a new end of the world scenario will be concocted and the whole show will rumble on.......seriously, there must be a lot of people out there making a lot of money from inventing these fairy stories.

well that has been copied and pasted so many times

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,104 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

mxm100 wrote: »
    well that has been copied and pasted so many times

WTF are you blowing on about?

Advertisement