Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garmin Sat Nav Update without cable?

Options
  • 26-06-2011 10:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 101 ✭✭

Is it possible to update my Sat Nav without connecting Sat Nav to my computer?? I can't find the cable to connect Sat Nav to computer.

Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,141 ✭✭✭Yakuza

Does it have an SD card slot? You might be able to download the update file onto a PC, copy it to an SD card (you will probably need a 4GB one) and then stick it in the GPS and update it that way.

Also, do you have any other items that have a USB cable (digital camera, external hard drive, mobile phone) ? It might have the same USB connection that fits the GPS.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,868 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Garmin's use a pretty ass-standard USB Mini cable, unlike the wide range of digital cameras which are mostly proprietary these days, or otherwise obscure specs/formats. You can find a USB Mini cable surely. They come with every portable hard drive, a good portion of USB Hubs, and quite a number of other devices. And they are dirt cheap.

LvUYWfBlemBKHpkFSDcLi9aNbgun0ds460SfmqXDiaOFAUO3Ar_h4t0xdq9ZmRmHRQrwuVaRMpNUMXNbvITV7VooZh9svL4YJ95zX_xeW7FqR9FnCSIVzRJ7keHYzJ9bhzBjfR81hc83qwXBuMVRsK5JTYZVNhJChbLjlN0aAkSnIfMpqhkT-oPnUuE8KzL4ofK94pw

• Closed Accounts Posts: 101 ✭✭movingtotheuk

Overheal wrote: »
    Garmin's use a pretty ass-standard USB Mini cable, unlike the wide range of digital cameras which are mostly proprietary these days, or otherwise obscure specs/formats. You can find a USB Mini cable surely. They come with every portable hard drive, a good portion of USB Hubs, and quite a number of other devices. And they are dirt cheap.

LvUYWfBlemBKHpkFSDcLi9aNbgun0ds460SfmqXDiaOFAUO3Ar_h4t0xdq9ZmRmHRQrwuVaRMpNUMXNbvITV7VooZh9svL4YJ95zX_xeW7FqR9FnCSIVzRJ7keHYzJ9bhzBjfR81hc83qwXBuMVRsK5JTYZVNhJChbLjlN0aAkSnIfMpqhkT-oPnUuE8KzL4ofK94pw

That makes it a bit clearer! I definitely have one of those somewhere around the place :)

Advertisement