Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gelert Solo

Options
  • 26-06-2011 4:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 753 ✭✭✭

Has anyone any experience with this tent? About to buy one for a bit of Wild camping on Fair Isle, Foula, Skerries (shetland) and possibly other places. My height shouldn't be a problem as I'm knee's height to a grasshoppa.

Is there a similarly priced alternative with more room one would recommend? Needs to be light weight as I'll be carrying all this stuff by myself

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,930 ✭✭✭duckysauce

are you not sticking it on the back of your quad ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 753 ✭✭✭Needler

duckysauce wrote: »
    are you not sticking it on the back of your quad ?

No I don't have a quad yet and it would cost too much to bring with me on the ferry to Shetland. A crackin' idea though. The tent would have to be big enough to hold me guns and ammunition, my tracksuit, 20-pack of Beamish, a laptop (that runs linux), mobile phone jammer, a chainsaw to cut wood for me camp fire to roast a deer on.

For entertainment I'll bring a ghetto blaster playing diddly'eye tunes full blast.

I'll also take up a Beehive so I have honey for me toast in the morning. I'll put on my bee keeper's suit and take a small bit of honey every day, and leave the beehive close to the path but far from the tent.

I'll heard about on Joe Duffy all week I'd say. I'll leave no trace except for a hoard of annoyed Dublin daytrippers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,930 ✭✭✭duckysauce

you need a range rover with silver plated bull bars if you are bringing all that kit , why use a tent when you could gut the deer and sleep inside it , save you a few quid, and you could buy a few more slabs of beamish.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 753 ✭✭✭Needler

duckysauce wrote: »
    you need a range rover with silver plated bull bars if you are bringing all that kit , why use a tent when you could gut the deer and sleep inside it , save you a few quid, and you could buy a few more slabs of beamish.

Range rovers are only available as Automatics now and I can't stand those yokes. and I don't want to look like a mollified celtic tiger suburbanite either. A tractor would be more like it

won't bother bringing so many cans of beamish either, have decided to start thinning out the collection before I leave

Advertisement