Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Western Digital Elements 1TB €46.60 Delivered

Options
  • 25-06-2011 9:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,723 ✭✭✭

Apologies if this has been posted already.

£41.43 once you go to checkout which works out at €46.60. Have a few of these running without issues.

Western Digital Elements 1TB

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭beardo81

Great price, brilliant to see memory coming down so much in price lately, it's about time!!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,642 ✭✭✭ollaetta

Just noticed a 2Tb version available for £60.98 which should convert to under €70. Great price.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 mabozarichie

beardo81 wrote: »
    Great price, brilliant to see memory coming down so much in price lately, it's about time!!:D

Maaaaa, it's not memowe, it's stowage......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 314 ✭✭allimac

Will this work to store games on a ps3?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,732 ✭✭✭Klingon Hamlet

allimac wrote: »

Nope.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 314 ✭✭allimac

Is there something I can use to epand the memory/storage on a ps3?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,127 ✭✭✭✭Leeg17

Nope.

Afaik it can. You'll have to reformat it to FAT32 instead of the NFTS form it comes in. Doing so will wipe all the data on it so preferably do it before you add anything onto it. Files more than 4gb in size can't be read by the Ps3 so no Bluray Rips ;)

Alli - You can install a new HDD into your Ps3, but using an external HDD is easier imo, you can partition say 500gb to Ps3 (FAT32) and 500gb to PC (NFTS)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭jamescd

allimac wrote: »
    Leeg17 wrote: »
    Afaik it can. You'll have to reformat it to FAT32 instead of the NFTS form it comes in. Doing so will wipe all the data on it so preferably do it before you add anything onto it. Files more than 4gb in size can't be read by the Ps3 so no Bluray Rips ;)

Alli - You can install a new HDD into your Ps3, but using an external HDD is easier imo, you can partition say 500gb to Ps3 (FAT32) and 500gb to PC (NFTS)

He can store audio/video files on it and play in on the PS3. But storing games or game saves directly on it is not possible afaik :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭EyeDeeOne

got this before and put all my stuff on it and then it all got deleted!
    then i returned it, got a replacement, put all my stuff on it and it all got deleted again.
    so annoying..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,127 ✭✭✭✭Leeg17

jamescd wrote: »
    He can store audio/video files on it and play in on the PS3. But storing games or game saves directly on it is not possible afaik :confused:

Sorry, I saw Ps3 and assumed the poster was asking could it play on the Ps3. You can back-up save files onto it in the case of having to get a new Ps3, and play audio/video files from it, but not download and play games from it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭Krusader

You can store game saves for back-up on it, playing games from it through your PS3 mightn't work as the data transfer might be too slow.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 2,588 Mod ✭✭✭✭KonFusion

Just ordered one of these. Have one already (thought it's a 500 gig) and it's great! however I lost the power cable. Hoping I can use the power cable off the new one for both, & one can never have too much cheap storage :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

KonFusion wrote: »
    Just ordered one of these. Have one already (thought it's a 500 gig) and it's great! however I lost the power cable. Hoping I can use the power cable off the new one for both, & one can never have too much cheap storage :D

Just make sure you check the power rating but for the three I have (2tb and 1.5tb of this type and 1.5tb Seagate) they're all the same anyway. Still better safe than sorry. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭phil1nj

ollaetta wrote: »
    Just noticed a 2Tb version available for £60.98 which should convert to under €70. Great price.

The 2TB one is not sold by Amazon so you won't get free shipping with it. I bought one of the 1TB ones last week and so far it's been the dog's b*ll*x! Great price for a drive of that size IMHO.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭PseudoFamous

Just got it, shockingly fast delivery.
    Currently moving my completely legally downloaded movie collection to it, speed isn't bad. Sitting around 28mb/s, so in line with other drives I have. Not a bad drive at all for the price.

Advertisement