Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HP printer in Tesco- any good

Options
  • 25-06-2011 7:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 39

I saw this printer* in Tesco for 50 euro.. Has anyone used it? It said one could do copies without a pc. Are ink cartridges expensive? i have a lexmark x1250 and the in cartridges are very expensive and it has this problem

No solution works fro me only reboot

*almost certain it is that model

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭dMaN24

No input on that printer, but Curry's have the 3050-model for the same price. And it's wifi.
    http://www.currys.ie/Product/HP-Deskjet-3050-Wireless-Multifunction-Inkjet-Printer/296980/7.12.2

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

Whatever you do, stay away from Lexmark. Dirt cheap printers but rip-off prices for ink cartridges. And they have blocked the use of compatible inks:(:(:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 honeyvale

I was looking at the tesco printer too but was told it has very little ink. The person who told me said brother was best but then they are selling brother:confused: so how do you know who to believe?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 honeyvale

Whatever you do, stay away from Lexmark. Dirt cheap printers but rip-off prices for ink cartridges. And they have blocked the use of compatible inks:(:(:(
    what does this mean?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,984 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

honeyvale wrote: »
    I was looking at the tesco printer too but was told it has very little ink. The person who told me said brother was best but then they are selling brother:confused: so how do you know who to believe?

I wouldn't touch Brother printers with a barge-pole, not after having nightmares with two of them. After throwing the last one into a skip, I then progressed to Canon and have had no trouble.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,421 ✭✭✭Big Lar

ejmaztec wrote: »
    I wouldn't touch Brother printers with a barge-pole, not after having nightmares with two of them. After throwing the last one into a skip, I then progressed to Canon and have had no trouble.

I have a brother MFC-660CN here for around 6 years and it never once gave me an ounce of bother.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,984 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

Big Lar wrote: »
    I have a brother MFC-660CN here for around 6 years and it never once gave me an ounce of bother.

Luck of the draw I suppose. I didn't buy that model, but the one that gave me the most trouble was an MFC590, when I had the error message that was dreaded at the time (a manufacturing fault), "machine code-error 41", which meant the print-head was screwed. It was repaired under warranty, only for the same error to appear some months afterwards.

I don't know whether that message still appears on Brother printers, but it won't appear on mine again, nor will any other message.:D

I bought a 4820? after that, and the print quality was atrocious, so I gave up on Brother at that point.

Advertisement