Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Which Dublin club: Lansdowne, Bective or Mount Pleasant?

Options
  • 25-06-2011 3:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Which Dublin club: Lansdowne, Bective, Mount Pleasant or St Mary's Donnybrook?

I'm getting back into playing tennis after many years of laziness - all three of these clubs are near where I live and work, and I'm very keen to get back playing regularly.

I am in my early 30s and I played a lot as a junior - now I'm hoping to find a nice, open friendly club with people in or around my own age. I will be joining on my own as my husband isn't into tennis, so I need to find a place that will be welcoming and non-cliquey. I would have a slight preference towards singles as opposed to doubles matches.

In terms of location and cost it seems to be much of a muchness between Lansdowne and Mount Pleasant, with Bective and St Mary's a little cheaper - so it really boils down to which is the most fun / friendly.

I'm not from Dublin, so any feedback on the clubs would be greatly appreciated!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24 MtPleasantLTC

Hi Tornado,
    Sorry we missed your thread, we only joined Boards.is recently
    Did you ever join a club in the end? D4/6 is a popular area for tennis clubs, lots to choose from!
    Our club is predominantly singles/adults who join on their own so sounds like it would suit you. We have an active tennis scene for all levels:- we compete actively in the DLTC league campaigns from class 7 to permier level and have lots of internal initiatives and tournaments for those of all standards that cannot or do not wish to partake in leagues. You won't be stuck for a partner, that's for sure.
    Mt Pleasant are always delighted to welcome new members so give us a shout on 497 3733 if you're interested in joining or check out our website /facebook page www.mountpleasantltc.ie for more information.
    Ciara

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,081 ✭✭✭jcf

+1 to mt pleasant , it's a great club , I'm not a member but play there sometimes.

Advertisement