Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

vosotros habláis

Options
  • 25-06-2011 3:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 40

hola, ive decided to take up spanish, just started regular -ar verb endings, just a quick question on pronunciation, first off for the informal plural you "vosotros" the ending is -áis, its the accent throwing me, anyone able to give me a phonetic rendition of how roughly it should go? maybe in relation to the verb hablar so "vosotros habláis" also, for the "nosotros" ending of -amos is that "o" more along the lines of "moe" or is it more like "moss"?
    any help would be great,

go raibh maith agaibh

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 729 ✭✭✭scruff321

hola, ive decided to take up spanish, just started regular -ar verb endings, just a quick question on pronunciation, first off for the informal plural you "vosotros" the ending is -áis, its the accent throwing me, anyone able to give me a phonetic rendition of how roughly it should go? maybe in relation to the verb hablar so "vosotros habláis" also, for the "nosotros" ending of -amos is that "o" more along the lines of "moe" or is it more like "moss"?
    any help would be great,

go raibh maith agaibh

To be honest depends on the Spanish you want to learn Spain Spanish or Latin American Spanish they don't use "vosotros" or that "áis" ending over here, although in Argentina they say "vos" as opposed to "tu". Overall there are tons of differences in pronunciation and words.

áis- the stress is on the tilde á hablAis and the i is like e in "geese"

if you google it you'l get a better definition but thats the idea

Advertisement