Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

gmail just hacked....anyone up?

Options
  • 24-06-2011 11:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭

I logined into my gmail account from chrome on lappy about 1 hour and got a red banner telling me my account had been accesssed from poland and mexico in the past 2 hours.Advising me to change passwords and that there was another session running.
    Being as paranoid as feck I assumed it could also be a seperate hack attempt.I opened a new account elsewhere and am in the proccess of changing every account I own to the new addy.
    Any advice would be really cool as this was my default password with a 23 keystring random password

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

2 things could have happened.

The error you received might have been someone phishing your details.

The second is that your login details matched your login on another website, which has been compromised. Lulzsec for example release 60,000 user/pass credentials recently.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭mr1percent

I going with the matching details option. Ironically I was spending the last week cleaning up my past indiscretions by googling my various handles through the years(i am 36 and am lucky to have been online since I was about 15) and wiping accounts that I forgot I had.
    Didnt expect it to come back and bite me this hard though. My gmail would have contained details of hosting sites I deal with.
    Christ I wish I hadda had a fireplan for this...

dlofnep wrote: »
    2 things could have happened.

The error you received might have been someone phishing your details.

The second is that your login details matched your login on another website, which has been compromised. Lulzsec for example release 60,000 user/pass credentials recently.

the irony making me sick now.Was on a /b/ the other night when they were taking requests on next target

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭Sempai

For your original gmail account you can check the last 10 IP address that were used to access your account. If you're still able to access it, in the Inbox, scroll to the bottom and click on Last Account Activity and you can see them there.

Also check the settings as sometimes hackers will set up your account to forward all incoming mail to them.

have you scanned for trojans as well?

cheers sempai,
    I created a dump addy and changed my default password forward to that.I have 2 alien ip's, one poland one mexico.Running scan now as we speek.I horsed through all my host accounts,they all with one provider, and changed passwords and again changed default addy to them.
    The pain in the ass is that this was lock down my web footprint week cause I was bored.
    the weird thing is that even with the gmail warning when i went to change passwords I had 2 inbox tabs on chrome which made me suspicious.So i logged out and re-entered on a locked down opera browser.

• Advertisement

just disabled buzz and dsconnected picass and google reader

just deleted buzz.God i am so fecked if client accounts hacked.Man....i so gonna have a fag in the next 3-5 minutes

trying to think what i did in the last week to bring this on.All i can think off is that i added an addon to chrome.

deleted any and all profile info.Surprissed me how much is enabled by default.Will be going back to old school mentality of no semi present web identity from now on.I dont even have a facebook account but i still got caught.

only other activity was inclusion of anti spam software on sites i run following big build up of spam in recent weeks. Now i gottta go change a load of api keys.....christ

• Advertisement

deleted igoogle account settings i forgot i had

deleted all contacts. That was a bit painfull.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,102 ✭✭✭Stinicker

Isn't there an option to logout all live logins?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

Surprised no-one's mentioned the two-step verification. When you want to log into gmail you enter your password and an email is sent to your phone. I find it very handy to use and there's an option to be remembered on a computer for 30 days each time to save that hassle.

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭but43r

Stinicker wrote: »
    Isn't there an option to logout all live logins?

Yep, there is. Click on Last Account Activity Details on the bottom of the page and there is Sign Out All Other Sessions.

Advertisement