Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Uploading an App-Mac Only

Options
  • 20-06-2011 2:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,696 ✭✭✭

Just a small aside, a work colleague of mine has his app ready to upload to the app store only to find it has to be uploaded from a Mac.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭fasty

How did he only realize that after he'd developed the app?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

fasty wrote: »

+1 with just a tiny bit of research I quickly learned that when looking into iPhone dev! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,696 ✭✭✭trad

fasty wrote: »
    I think it's called tunnel vision. He came up with the concept and paid a developer to write the code.

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭Elohim

Draco wrote: »
    I think you just need to be registered before 31st of October. You fill out a TR1 form and mark yourself as a sole trader and send it in. There's some numbers at the bottom of that form you can ring and get a definite answer.

Thanks for that. I'm still rather clueless about it all but I guess I should just call them up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 johnsmith13

trad wrote: »
    I think it's called tunnel vision. He came up with the concept and paid a developer to write the code.

The developer should have informed him that he required to be a registered Developer with Apple to upload an app. Maybe he could ask the Developer to post it for him and share the profit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28 jgalvin

Surely it shouldn't be too difficult for him to borrow a Mac for a couple of days and upload it?

Advertisement