Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lord of the Rings Extended Edition - Blu Ray

Options
  • 24-06-2011 2:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭

Hi I was told this was out today in Ireland but. Yet for some reason Xtra Vision do not even have it in their database.

I know the release date in the UK is Monday.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭johndoe99

I too looked for that a few days ago in Xtravision and was told it was not on there database. I emailed them and they told me:

"due to a delay in shipping it will not be available until next week’s deliveries and should be priced at 75.99"

• Registered Users Posts: 601 ✭✭✭mgsrocks

HMV sell it for €65 in store and amazon for £48 with free shipping. As far as I can see those are the best prices you'll get.

I went for amazon, hope its a worthwhile purchase!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,154 ✭✭✭rednik

Most reviews are very good and at €65 in HMV it beats most online stores hands down.

Bought it in HMV Kilkenny today, its a lovely boxset, love all that gold and its got 3 large bluray cases inside each holding 5 discs. Did'nt like the paper backing showing the bluray logo, they should have had it on the box itself.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,081 ✭✭✭jcf

So people would recommend it yeah ?

thinking of buying it.

• Advertisement

jcf wrote: »
    So people would recommend it yeah ?

thinking of buying it.

Well worth it. I've watched all them, and by far one of the best blu-ray video quality ive seen. I wish all blu-rays would look this good. I was nearly drooling the video was that superb :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,551 ✭✭✭Goldstein

As pointed out here the overbearing green tint would definitely disuade me from buying this.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,081 ✭✭✭jcf

I must say allthough the Blu Ray is superb, I think it weakens the effects, Gollum in particular looks ****e....

I wonder is it just aged, or is the HD showing it ?

bit of both probably, I must check the DVD later...

edit - btw I thought there was a dedicated LOTR forum here?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,199 ✭✭✭G-Money

Half considering buying this myself...

Advertisement