Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Newly published research in leading journals AGAINST fluoride and vaccines

Options
  • 24-06-2011 12:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭

Newly published research in leading journals AGAINST fluoride

Fluoride:
    "The prolonged ingestion of fluoride may cause significant damage to health and particularly to the nervous system," concludes a review of studies by researchers Valdez-Jimenez, et al. published in Neurologia (June 2011), reports New York State Coalition Opposed to Fluoridation, Inc. (NYSCOF).

The research team reports, "It is important to be aware of this serious problem and avoid the use of toothpaste and items that contain fluoride, particularly in children as they are more susceptible to the toxic effects of fluoride." (1)

"Fluoride can be toxic by ingesting one part per million (ppm), and the effects are not immediate, as they can take 20 years or more to become evident," they write.

Most fluoridating U.S. public drinking water suppliers add fluoride chemicals to deliver 1 ppm fluoride (equal to about 1 milligram per quart) intending to benefit teeth and not to purify the water.

seems the science is there for us to stop putting this sh!t into our bodies.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,455 ✭✭✭✭Monty Burnz

Unfortunately for some people, it also undermines the idea that science is a closed shop to conflicting ideas :)

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭yammycat

if you dont like flouride buy bottled water

• Site Banned Posts: 8,331 ✭✭✭Brown Bomber

yammycat wrote: »
    Yeah---

000-1026091314--let_them_eat_cake2.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 25,067 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Naturally occurring fluoride is found in bottled water.

Besides, fluoride isn't used in Irish water. An inorganic waste by-product called Hexafluorosilicic acid is what's used.

• Registered Users Posts: 376 ✭✭Treora

So I pay for my toothpaste, I pay for the bottled water and I pay again for fluoridation tap water?? This country cannot afford fluoridated water. Spend 10% on child and teenager national advertising and websites and stop the FW quangos. About 10 agencies monitor, test, report, review negoiation, account..... FW. Too much wasted money

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,229 ✭✭✭✭King Mob

Digme, have you actually read the two studies referred to in the article?

One was in Spanish and the other didn't actually oppose vaccination, just questioned whether there was a correlation between Sudden Infant Death and a high number of vaccines. (It concluded that there was some correlation.)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭digme

King Mob wrote: »
    Digme, have you actually read the two studies referred to in the article?

One was in Spanish and the other didn't actually oppose vaccination, just questioned whether there was a correlation between Sudden Infant Death and a high number of vaccines. (It concluded that there was some correlation.)
    I read the fluoride one. I couldnt give a toss about the vaccines.

digme wrote: »
    I read the fluoride one.
    Do you have an English translation of it?

Do you have an English translation of it?
    i speak spanish

*Translated from Spanish using Google Translation
    References: https://groups.google.com/d/topic/fluoridation-news-releases/rD7pCONMcLw/discussion

i speak spanish

Ok then. Can you explain what was the method they used to reach their conclusion?
    Does the paper match what was claimed in the article?

• Advertisement

Ok then. Can you explain what was the method they used to reach their conclusion?
    Does the paper match what was claimed in the article?
    not at 4 in the morning no

not at 4 in the morning no
    Ok, then at some point in the future?

And does the what's said in the article match what's claimed in the paper?

Ok, then at some point in the future?

And does the what's said in the article match what's claimed in the paper?
    I'm due in court so I can't promise anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,771 ✭✭✭Dude111

yammycat wrote:
    Some of that now has flouride in it now also :(

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭nottooxabi

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 cru

has anybody got a link to the complete published paper and not just a few cherrypicked quotes?

BTW one paper does not change the general consenus, it gets published as new work, further scientific investigation will leade to additional papers which may or may not support the findings of this one

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 cru

The prolonged ingestion of F may cause significant damage to health and particularly to the nervous system. Therefore, it is important to be aware of this serious problem and avoid the use of toothpaste and items that contain F, particularly in children as they are more susceptible to the toxic effects of F.
    (my highlighting)
    Effects of the fluoride on the central nervous system. L. Valdez-Jiménez, C. Soria Fregozo, M.L. Miranda Beltrán, O. Gutiérrez Coronado, M.I. Pérez Vega, Neurologia, Volume 26, Issue 5, Pages Pages 297-300
    (June 2011)

Cherrypicking quotes to support your own arguments are misleading, the full quote talks about toothpaste and makes no reference to drinking water, they also use the term may, not terms like will or "has been demonstrated to"
    Its a case for furthur study not the groundbreaking revelations that the original quoted (biased) article was shouting about

• Registered Users Posts: 2,662 ✭✭✭RMD

I'm due in court so I can't promise anything.

Instead of trying to dodge a simple question, could you not just give a quick summary of no more than a paragraph since you claim to speak Spanish?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 141 ✭✭Gilda Fortune

I have a friend in South Korea teaching English for last 4 years. They dont put fluroide in the water. His teeth are destroyed and he is coming back here in August to pay thousands on dental work.
    Im not saying I believe one way or the other that fluroide is bad. im undecided.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,831 ✭✭✭Torakx

My teeth are in desperate need of a dentist.
    I cant afford bottled water on the dole so i must drink tap water.
    This doesnt mean flouride made them worse,just as much as your friend in Korea may have gotten worse without flouride,or the fertilizer we buy from the dutch.
    Thats not put very well, but i think the idea is understandable of what i ment haha
    It doesnt mean anything.
    Anyway i would rather have false teeth and 10-20 more years added to my life than perfect pearly whites and a shorter lifespan.
    This is again debateable wether that is the case,but i dont like to take chances with chemicals.
    Sometimes you are forced to do so or die.Its annoying to be in that situation as i have health issues which rely on me needing a strong immune system to get better.And i cant in my situation.
    I dont think the tap water is helping,but what choice do i have.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 831 ✭✭✭IrelandSpirit

Fluoride: The Hard to Swallow Truth Documentary

http://http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7aTfyo0Xz_c&feature=share

• Registered Users Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭Hoffmans

dont know why this one is in the ct forum theres more than enough evidence out there that this sodium flouride a toxic by product of the potash industry is harmful to mammals that why its main ingredient in rat poison albeith at higher concentrations but the long term exposure at low doses can do similar but milder damage to human cells dental floursis is now a common complaint in ireland your dentist will tell you its gum disease and it is
    most of our toxic sh1t comes from spain and it costs millions each year to keep it going ........

Hoffmans wrote: »
    dont know why this one is in the ct forum theres more than enough evidence out there that this sodium flouride a toxic by product of the potash industry is harmful to mammals that why its main ingredient in rat poison albeith at higher concentrations but the long term exposure at low doses can do similar but milder damage to human cells dental floursis is now a common complaint in ireland your dentist will tell you its gum disease and it is
    most of our toxic sh1t comes from spain and it costs millions each year to keep it going ........

Yep, it's a hazardous toxic waste product - main ingredient in rat poison ffs! - so perhaps the real conspiracy here is that the Irish government knowingly poisons its population ... isn't that called premeditated murder or something? Like, when some psycho scumbag poisons say, his neighbour's water supply, for decades, the entire family, children, everyone drinking rat poison slowly getting sick with degenerative diseases such as cancer, shortening their lives, messing them up ... isn't that what it comes down to, all said and done?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,749 ✭✭✭tony 2 tone

Is it the same Fluoride compound in rat poison that is used in the water here? Because just saying Fluoride is used in rat poison is not accurate, there are plenty of different Fluoride compounds and types of rat poison.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,922 ✭✭✭hooradiation

I've been looking at that claim - i seem to be unable to find any examples of sodium fluoride as an ingredient in rat poison.
    However sodium fluoroacetate is a listed rodenticide, perhaps this is where the common misconception that sodium fluoride is an ingredient in rat poison comes from?

"Fluoride Action Network is an international coalition seeking to broaden public awareness about the toxicity of fluoride compounds and the health impacts of current fluoride exposures."

http://www.fluoridealert.org/

This is a very good and informative site for anyone interested in the issue of mass-medicating our water supply without our consent.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,092 ✭✭✭CiaranMT

"Fluoride Action Network is an international coalition seeking to broaden public awareness about the toxicity of fluoride compounds and the health impacts of current fluoride exposures."

This is a very good and informative site for anyone interested in the issue of mass-medicating our water supply without our consent.

If you want to come across as credible, you might do well to name the proper chemicals and rein in the 'premeditated murder' accusations.

Unless you have evidence of a large amount of deaths attributable to cancer caused by fluoridation of water, dental fluorosis and the like?

CiaranMT wrote: »
    If you want to come across as credible, you might do well to name the proper chemicals and rein in the 'premeditated murder' accusations.

Unless you have evidence of a large amount of deaths attributable to cancer caused by fluoridation of water, dental fluorosis and the like?

Please click on link, and please read:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,771 ✭✭✭Dude111

Hoffmans wrote:
    Hmmmmmmm i thought it all came from the US!

• Advertisement
Advertisement