Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

James Toney is back !

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭paulmclaughlin

Another Hall of Fame'r? Thought he would have learned his lesson. Wonder has he been doing any MMA training....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,117 ✭✭✭SanoVitae

Finally a match Ken can win - as long as he gets the fight to the ground ASAP of course.

It would be great to see Ken win, make a lot of money from the fight (he's broke I believe :() and then retire for good.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,334 ✭✭✭Sean Quagmire

SanoVitae wrote: »
    Finally a match Ken can win - as long as he gets the fight to the ground ASAP doesn't throw the fight of course

fyp

I would like to see Ken win and then Retire.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭Fromvert

Ken is going to come out and try and stand with Toney, he's that stupid.

If Ken plays it smart and takes him down he will win.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭drayme

This just makes me sad

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Really not sure if I like this idea to be honest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,581 ✭✭✭judas101

I used to be a huge shamrock fan but this is pathetic.

I hope he does try and bang with Toney and gets KO'd.

Retire already ffs

• Registered Users Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭Clive

I predict a glorious heelhook!

• Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭reganreggie

This is already a contender for worst fight ever.icon6.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Xlami

They don't even have an organisation to fight for yet and they are already planning a reality show. Wouldn't be too surprised if this one never happened. Although I would be somewhat interested to see who gasses first.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

Rubbish fight.

Ken vs Royce is what I'd like to see.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,512 ✭✭✭Oh_Noes

Fairer fight for Toney than fighting Randy Couture. As a poster above said, Ken probably actually is stupid enough to have a go at standing with him. Good fight in theory but in reality we all know it's gonna be a bit of a sloppy mess between two old guys looking for a payday.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,933 ✭✭✭Logical Fallacy

The fighting equivalent of a demolition derby...two past their primers being wheeled out when they should really be allowed to stay in the garage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Mr Z

bleee dat

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,653 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

I thought I read before that Ken had some money troubles? If he does then I guess I'd be happy to see him take the fight to clear his debts..

It really should be an easy fight for Ken, but when was the last time Ken even tried for a takedown? Its going to be a sad spectacle I think :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭drayme

I thought I read before that Ken had some money troubles? If he does then I guess I'd be happy to see him take the fight to clear his debts..

It really should be an easy fight for Ken, but when was the last time Ken even tried for a takedown? Its going to be a sad spectacle I think :(

He was broke when he had a really good few years in WWF financially but lost it on the erm Wrestler lifestyle as well as bankrolling the Lion's Den.

After being cut by UFC he sued UFC as he had one more fight left on his contract. He lost and has to pay costs.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,130 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

I don't really care who wins this

• Registered Users Posts: 1,632 ✭✭✭SuperWoody101

Xlami wrote: »
    They don't even have an organisation to fight for yet and they are already planning a reality show. Wouldn't be too surprised if this one never happened. Although I would be somewhat interested to see who gasses first.

Got to agree with you and I also think this fight won't happen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,117 ✭✭✭SanoVitae

Probably best to ignore the fight and instead remember both in their primes:

Ken Shamrock -> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AVcjZEALqqo (ouch!)

James Toney: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xl50iVr25R8 (amazing!)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15 Diab Soule

Put me down for "This I'll never happen", and I hope it won't. That Ken Shamrock is still fighting is pretty depressing. As for Toney, I assume he's ducking Kimbo :D.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭JohnMc1

Dear God why?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,627 ✭✭✭themandan6611

JohnMc1 wrote: »
    Dear God why?

$$$$$$$$$$$ :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Xlami

• Registered Users Posts: 34 tadix

one of the guys in the gym was telling me that they are going to have a rule for this fight which means that they cant be on the ground for more than 30 seconds,does anyone know if this is true?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,660 ✭✭✭SDTimeout

I've heard that rule too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 715 ✭✭✭HellsAngel

The fighting equivalent of a demolition derby...two past their primers being wheeled out when they should really be allowed to stay in the garage.
    Yeah, more in common with Celebrity Death Match than real MMA :(

Diab Soule wrote: »
    Put me down for "This I'll never happen", and I hope it won't. That Ken Shamrock is still fighting is pretty depressing. As for Toney, I assume he's ducking Kimbo :D.
    Kimbo v Toney, well it wouldn't be pretty but as a pure brawl it might be fun !!!!! A bit like two fellas having a punch up outside a nightclub at 2.30am, not pretty but entertaining to watch all the same. I'd put my money on Kimbo to hand him a beat down.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 107 ✭✭MarkFairman

???

Kimbo is relies on his boxing in all his MMA fights and pretty much has no ground game what so ever. Do you honestly think he could out box James Toney in the stand up??

• Advertisement

???

Kimbo is relies on his boxing in all his MMA fights and pretty much has no ground game what so ever. Do you honestly think he could out box James Toney in the stand up??
    Well Kimbo may not have the best takedowns and ground game in the world, but after Toney's wonderful performance against Randy, I cann't imagine it been too difficult to bring it to the ground.

Advertisement