Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I got windows security + spybot S+D, what else ?

Options
  • 24-06-2011 9:28am
    Registered Users Posts: 662 ✭✭✭

Hey folks,

wasn't sure if this should go in security or virus removal. Long story short, I have spybot search and destroy on my pc , and I have microsoft security essentials. They are both updated and I scan regularly.

I also have c-cleaner to clear out any extra junk. I've gotten some serious milage out of this computer, built her 3 years ago and still plays everything on high, I'm always downloading and gaming and browsing.

Still seems to be running fine, started 3 years ago running 43 proccesses, now its running 49 which is very good considering I've added a few things, pnkbuster etc.

Anyway the thing is, my virus scans never turn up anything. Spybot turns up some things but if you run a c-cleaner before you do spybot it will turn up nothing so it's just cookies and stuff. I'm glad it never finds anything, but it's also a little unnerving aswell.

I'm just wondering is there any other free safe software tool or anything extra I can get to give her another check, or a small tweak etc. Spybot and C-cleaner have both been safe and great, anything else like that ? :)

I'm a firm believer in don't fix what isn't broken but I'll be probably buying a new bad boy soon enough so I wouldn't mind testing out some new security software or some tweaking software while this one is heading into retirement :)

thanks for replies ! :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭h57xiucj2z946q

You could maybe look at Malware Bytes free version to replace Spybot S+D, but if Spybot is working for you, then sure it will be grand!

• Registered Users Posts: 662 ✭✭✭-Vega-

Will have a gander, any other handy little bits? :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

I use Malware Bytes.

• Registered Users Posts: 662 ✭✭✭-Vega-

Thanks Ill check it out :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 diarmuidr

I use Ad-Aware, it turns up stuff every so often, stuff that other programs dont turn up, but also occasionally stuff i dont want to delete.

• Advertisement
Advertisement