Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ph.D Funding TCD

Options
  • 24-06-2011 4:25am
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Has anyone heard about Ph.D Studentships or Ussher Awards for the 2011/2012 year?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,035 ✭✭✭Sir Ophiuchus

Nope, still waiting.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 quinnsh

What school/department have you applied for? I'm looking to do my Ph.D in the Law School.

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭antiselfdual

A friend of mine heard he was awarded the Ussher a couple of weeks ago (for School of Maths PhD).

A friend of mine heard he was awarded the Ussher a couple of weeks ago (for School of Maths PhD).

Right, but was that an unofficial word, or an official notification?

I'm in English, by the way.

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭antiselfdual

I don't know, he just said he got the Ussher...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10 dazman2251

Has anyone heard anything regards funding/scholarships yet?

I initially heard mid-June, then the end of June. I'm getting a little bit impatient at present. Yay or nay - I just want to plan my life.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 lughnasa

I know, it's very frustrating. Do they mail people either way? As far as I know, the faculty of arts, humanities and social sciences allocate their funding awards independent of the science, maths and medicine departments, with the latter generally contacting people first.

I did hear that one year the studentship refusals went out after the Ussher acceptances. So some people got told they got the Ussher then got a mesage saying that sadly they didn't get a studentship. I'm guessing they didn't mind. :)

This waiting is nerve-wracking though.

Bumping this thread to ask if anyone has heard anything yet?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,488 ✭✭✭mathew

I heard the engineering one has been offered.. that is all I know tho....

I telephoned the Graduate Studies Office and they told me that they're getting the nominations in from the schhols/departments. Computer Science, Psychology and others are in but not the Law School.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Baldlydrawnboy

heard on Wednesday afternoon i'd been offered a studentship for language/literature/cultures...fingers crossed folks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 jgeoghe

Hi,

I work in Graduate Studies so this information is correct.
    Just to update you on the awards:

Ussher Awards
    Faculty of Arts and Faculty of Engineering have made their decisions and successful applicants have been contacted by the Graduate Studies Office. It is the Faculty/School's responsibilty to contact the unsuccessul applicants. Please contact them if you had not had any news on your application.

Studentship Awards
    Very few Schools have submitted their decisions. GSO are following up with them at the moment - hopefully we will have all of them in the next week.

Successful Applicants
    Those who have been offered an award will receive official documentation in the next week. The standard letters were changed this year by the Staff Office and the revised letters were approved just this morning (Mon 11th July).

I can appreciate your concerns - Please feel free to call / email me or drop into the office anytime.

Thanks
    Jennifer Geoghegan
    +353 1 896 2722
    jgeoghe@tcd.ie
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Trinity-College-Dublin-Graduate-Studies-Office/10150114776020076

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 dazman2251

Bump. Anyone have any word yet? Still no letter for me!

Advertisement