Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2 Things: Social Dynamics and Body Language

Options
  • 23-06-2011 11:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 19

Hi gang,

I suspect this forum is relevant for posting this here as it all ties in to psychology!

Can anyone recommend any good books to do with social dynamics? I'm really interested in it and have a hunger for more!

Also I'm really interested in body language and would like to learn more to improve on what I know already to be able to read people further. I have a very good solid understanding of alot of it but I want to advance! Does anybody know any good books or videos or anything to help me improve?

- Constant

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭TrollHammaren

The vast majority of books you could read in the area of social dynamics are either heavily academic or popular psychology, which I consider very much pseudopsychology. If you're interested in textbooks that present the academic research in social psychology I could recommend a few books, but it sounds to me that you're looking for a textbook on how social dynamics work, but this unfortunately doesn't exist. The research into social dynamics is yet to reach the point where we're informed enough to instruct people in complex social interactions.

As for body language, it's pretty much the same situation, but there's even less conclusive empirical data, and I'm yet to see a body language "expert" with real credentials. I could be misinterpreting you, in which case I can definitely recommend academic books instead, but be aware that you're highly unlikely to learn anything with real world applications.

Sorry if this comes across as a bit pessimistic!

Advertisement