Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish training & Education centre

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2 daffodil

i haven't heard about them but funnily my friend just texted me asking the same queation so i came on to boards to find out...does any one know anything about ITEC ?

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭kob29

The proper ITEC are the International Therapy Examination Council recognised in most countries worldwide for qualifications in beauty therapy, fitness, sports massage, hairdressing. This crowd seem to piggy back on their recognition hoping people get confused and think they're the same.

Their website does say they have some fetac modules accredited but you'd want to know that you can get an overall award which is 8 modules including some core ones like work experience. Individual modules wont mean you're qualified in anything. Read through them and it tells you on some you're qualified to be an "assistant fitness instructor"- there is no such paying job!

For instance you cant do their beauty therapy course and be a qualified therapist, likewise with fitness, complimentary therapy, massage therapy, childcare.....need I go on.....

If any of the courses say you get an ITEC diploma for them then they are WORTHLESS.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 The Circular Journey

Bit late, but be EXTREMELY careful

Advertisement