Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Set dancers for a party - Cork

Options
  • 23-06-2011 9:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6

Hi all,

Does anyone know of a person/company that basically rents out set-dancers to teach people how to dance. I'm looking for a few dancers who would be able to attend a would-be Ceili and teach the guests a few moves and generally get things kicked off. Any ideas?

Thanks,
    Ragpie

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,696 ✭✭✭trad

I just did a google "search for set dancing cork" and there seems to be a lot going on down there.

Have a look and see what's local to where you live

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 ragpie

Thanks Trad. I've done a similar search myself but the trouble is finding people who will actually attend a party. I know in Galway they have straw boys but I'm wondering if there is a similar outfit that might attend a private party and teach people how to dance for a few hours.
    :)

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭sensormatic

out at the lough near togher they have an outdoor irish dancing set i think every wed night around 7 i think,,,,, i saw them once while up there fishing. they have signs out there so it might be worth a trip to find out more

• Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭daphil

You might try,
    Ceilí Mor
    Carrigaline, Co Cork
    He might be able to help,
    Dave

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,436 Mod ✭✭✭✭Suaimhneach

Plz dont post personal details on this forum - PM the user.

• Advertisement
Advertisement