Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Essays/Assignments/Research Thread.

Options
  • 23-06-2011 9:11pm
    Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,368 Mod ✭✭✭✭

It's always seemed like a waste that people write essays and assignments, and do projects, only for them to be seen by a single professor or a handful of people, often without receiving any kind of critique. As a result, we've decided to create this thread. The idea is to provide a forum for people to showcase work they've done, and allow for the discussion and critique of said work, as well as being useful from the perspective of other students in terms of being able to see a piece of work which professors deem to be of a high standard.

As always, the Charter rules apply. In critiquing someone's work, be nice. Personal insults won't be tolerated and will result in an immediate ban.

Please try to keep the standard high; if the work doesn't contain any references, then it isn't suitable. If possible, include the grade you got for the work, so that prospective students can get a handle on how essays tend to be marked. If you're not comfortable doing this however, then that's fine. If you're unsure about whether something is 'good' enough, then please just submit it anyway. As people on the internet regularly quote "The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt," and so it'd be a shame if something genuinely interesting was missed because of that.

To get the ball rolling, here's an essay I wrote. It's a comparison of the exchange rate regimes of the gold standard, Bretton woods and the ERM, and why they failed. It's not the best piece I've ever written (It got a middling 2.1, and was written in a rush), but I'm posting it because it's on a topic which I think is interesting in general, in addition to being relevant at the moment.

European Economy HT Exchange Rates.doc

P.S

Plagiarise from this thread at your own risk. This essay, and I'm sure many others, will have been submitted through a plagiarism detection website such as turnitin.com, so it'd be a silly thing to do. Also, don't submit other's work in this thread without, at the very least, some attribution. Even then, I think it'd be nicer to have authors submit their originals, so it's not encouraged.

Advertisement