Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iTunes: Finding Missing Tracks (That Old Chestnut!)

Options
  • 23-06-2011 8:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭

This is an age old problem, but my situation is slightly different.

I've moved all my music files to an external drive. 30% of the tracks are showing up as missing. However, when I click on each file it establishes a link with the 'missing' file. I don't have to manually locate it.

The latest iTunes has a function whereby after having manually located a file, you can have iTunes use that location to search for other missing files.

My problem is this: Because I don't have to manually locate each track, I can't access that automatic function.

Or can I? If so, how? If not, is there any other solution?

Final question, how in gods name have Apple not created some sort of solution for this already? Surely they know by now that vast amounts of people have their music on an external drive!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭mr1percent

just a thought. But is itunes set to search the ext drive for new media?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭ThirdMan

mr1percent wrote: »
    just a thought. But is itunes set to search the ext drive for new media?

Yeah, the external drive has been set up in that way.

Anyway, the problem seems to have sorted itself out. I tried that most reliable of technical repairs. I turned it off and then back on again.:)

Advertisement