Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

upgrading my emachine e350 netbook to 2gb ram?

Options
  • 23-06-2011 8:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭

can anybody help me
    what type ram do i need

hard to install the ram?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭Fluffy88

With most laptops it's very simple, there is a small section on the underside of the machine that can be easily removed by taking out one or two screws which will reveal the RAM slots.

As for what RAM you need, most laptops take SO-DIMM RAM which is a 200-pin chip. But that's not enough info to go buying it. One program I know of that gives lots of system info is AIDA64 you can download a executable version, just start it up and on the main screen choose,
    Motherboard > SPD
    and then it's listed under "Memory type" that's the type of RAM you need to be looking for.

There is probably other programs to find the info easier but I don't know what they are, sorry :)

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭mufc2010

Fluffy88 wrote: »
    With most laptops it's very simple, there is a small section on the underside of the machine that can be easily removed by taking out one or two screws which will reveal the RAM slots.

As for what RAM you need, most laptops take SO-DIMM RAM which is a 200-pin chip. But that's not enough info to go buying it. One program I know of that gives lots of system info is AIDA64 you can download a executable version, just start it up and on the main screen choose,
    Motherboard > SPD
    and then it's listed under "Memory type" that's the type of RAM you need to be looking for.

There is probably other programs to find the info easier but I don't know what they are, sorry :)

thanks a million

• Registered Users Posts: 1,047 ✭✭✭demakinz

Hi try this
    http://www.crucial.com/eu/store/drammemory.aspx?gclid=CMSe4f3jzKkCFYpB4QodXEi5Ng&cpe=pd_google_ie&ef_id=gfROA5aJR0QAAIBm:20110623193953:s

just run the scan it will tell you what ram you are looking for. it will also tell you the max ram you can put in+ you can order straight from there website. i tried it a few months ago and it only took 4 days to deliver

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭mr1percent

if you could provide us with the model number printed on back it would make it easier to work out what you need. I have just given back a similar machine and it uses PC2-6400 800MHz ram. But without model number I cant promise anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭mufc2010

demakinz wrote: »
    Hi try this
    http://www.crucial.com/eu/store/drammemory.aspx?gclid=CMSe4f3jzKkCFYpB4QodXEi5Ng&cpe=pd_google_ie&ef_id=gfROA5aJR0QAAIBm:20110623193953:s

just run the scan it will tell you what ram you are looking for. it will also tell you the max ram you can put in+ you can order straight from there website. i tried it a few months ago and it only took 4 days to deliver
    thanks a lot great help this site was

• Advertisement
Advertisement