Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Email Management

Options
  • 23-06-2011 7:43pm
    Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 4,991 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hi all,

Perhaps you could help me with one more query that I have.

We have about 80 users currently who all have their own email accounts on exchange.

We get a large amount of information, including attachments, in from clients via email. At present the emails are just held in each users account.

Going forward I want to change this - I want a system whereby its easy for the users to save the emails including attachments to a clients folder on the server.

I know this is certainly possible using applications like Lotus Notes but this would mean changing tact completely and I don't think its something the older users would be able to handle.

Is there anyway to integrate something like this in outlook (i.e. whereby an email can be saved to a clients folder for anyone to access in say 2/3 clicks....)

I would really appreciate some guidance from you guys.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,875 ✭✭✭JDxtra

Shared team mailboxes. Job done.

Also better from the point of view of the client - they only ever email the shared mailbox. Then, if somebody within your company leaves or goes on holidays it's no big deal - their emails should still be answered.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,090 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

Is there not a save email feature in outlook?

printing email to pdf would be another option, using cutepdf

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 4,991 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shane732

There certainly is a save feature on the older versions of outlook. I'm trying to get something that's a little more user friendly for the older generation of staff.

Re shared mailboxes - isn't it a little too open ended? For example users will email in eachother etc... and won't necessarily want other users seeing the emails.

I don't want users to feel that this is a method of monitoring their email usage.If they felt this was the case then it'd cause mayhem.

The point of this is that anyone can go into a clients folder and will be able to see emails between clients and staff etc... I'm not looking at monitoring emails. Really we're trying to move away from hard copy files and more towards totally electronic files.

Is there not a save email feature in outlook?

printing email to pdf would be another option, using cutepdf

It wouldn't work in this instance as I want people to essentially be able to open the email and be able to get access to attachments etc...

Also another query.....

I want people to be able to sign letters electronically (i.e. go paperless) at present we have to print a letter out to sign it and then scan it back in.

I'm trying to go paperless so I want people to be able to sign letters and send the via email without printing.

Can you buy a software package or something to allow you to sign documents in, say Word and Acrobat?

I'm aware of the method of scanning your actual signature and then creating a jpeg. I want to do this properly so don't want to go down this route.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,362 ✭✭✭rolion

Hello,

I am selling ,installing and supporting this solution to my customers.

also,sometimes,depending by local setup this one works fine too.

Re signatures,i would keep away from digital format,you never know where that may end ... let users do it physically and accountable each time !

Let me know if i can be of further assistance...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,875 ✭✭✭JDxtra

They can have more than one mailbox. One personal, and one shared per team / project. Works a treat.

Advertisement