Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fishing the Nore-Laois

Options
  • 23-06-2011 7:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭

I've recently taken up fly fishing again after a few years but I can't help but notice that my old fishing stretches are virtually non existant.

I usually fish along the Nore anywhere from Mountrath to Durrow but there sems to be a lack of any reasonable sized trout whatsoever. I asked a few farmers and they said mink were destroying the area.

Do many peope here fish the Nore or have you noticed this problem?I'd be very interersted to here any comments.Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭experimenter

I found Durrow to have allot of fish..

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭coin

I usually stop at Waterloo Bridge as I'm not a member of Durrow club.Might try join up. There does seem to be trout along my normal stretch but the really are tiny things.

• Registered Users Posts: 631 ✭✭✭madred006

OH they are in it :D you just need to know how to catch them :P

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭coin

Think that could be my problem!! :o
    But I've seen a good few mink as well.
    I was just getting frustrated with seeing tiny trout when there used to be much bigger stock.
    I haven't went from Kilbricken to Mountrath, maybe thats better and maybe I need better ability!!

Advertisement