Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Employment Background Checks

Options
  • 23-06-2011 2:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 19

Hi
    I have recently been sending out my cv and have a few interviews coming up about different roles and I know companies do background checks which is fine. Its just I have been contacting previous employers about that they maybe contacted for employers about me working there. I found out from one employer (I was there for only a few months and was paid cash in hand) that they have no record of me working for them. What should I do, should I say it at the interview to be honest up front or wait till I get offered the job and then say it when they are doing the background check or say nothing and see what happens that way. the jobs i'm applying for are entry level and none of my previous employment is really that relevant. Thanks for any help.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 680 ✭✭✭sanbrafyffe

ah some do check some dont,,,some will know by ur interveiew,,,,well maybe if ur into accounts and stuff we they might check,,,not so much construction,,,my cv was total bullsxxt but still worked ok,,,you can either do it or not

• Registered Users Posts: 19 andrew.donohoe

thanks for that i'm just worrying about it at the moment cause I really need a job. I just dont want to miss out on a job cause of it. I have an interview with a company tomorrow and they asked to fill in a form about previous employment that will be checked and I left out the company that had no records of me but its on my cv so still a little worried.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭gerrycollins

companies will more than not pick either your last two employers depending on length of service with each or will pick references relative to the role you are applying for.

most will ask you to name you references

• Registered Users Posts: 19 andrew.donohoe

thanks gerry thats helpful probably worrying over nothing

Advertisement