Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

launchpad programme

Options
  • 23-06-2011 12:52pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 415 ✭✭

Hi,
    I've a good technical business idea and I'm considering applying to the http://www.ndrc.ie/launchpad/ programme.

I had come across another similar programme that offers a postgraduate diploma as part of it I think, but can't remember where it was.

At this point I need help to establish whether the idea is viable, which I think it is, and then help to get it off the ground. I heard there's programmes in Sligo also. Can somebody please point me in the right direction? Thanks
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 995 ✭✭✭cousin_borat

Hi John,

I presume you're referring to the CEIM programme in IT Sligo. Great programme, I can testify to this having been a participalt in 08/09. My company won best emerging company in InterTrade Seedcorn Connaught/Leinster and runner-up nationally and we can put alot down to the knowledge gained from the programme. Coincidentally the overall winner in 2010 was also on the same programme as me.

My company is also on a collaborative venture with the NDRC (not Launchpad) so don't have first hand knowledge. I've heard mostly great feedback and I know they have a relatively good proportion of participants go through ato achieve seed capital funding at the end of the programme as spin out companies.

Best of luck and happy to chat further.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 415 ✭✭johnmck

What about protecting the idea? It's a pretty good idea and I don't want too many people knowing about it!

In regards to financial assistance how does this work? Maybe PM me on it.

Had you heard of anything that offers a diploma along with the programme?

• Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭YouBuyLocal

johnmck wrote: »
    What about protecting the idea? It's a pretty good idea and I don't want too many people knowing about it!

In regards to financial assistance how does this work? Maybe PM me on it.

Had you heard of anything that offers a diploma along with the programme?

The NDRC only accept teams with clear business plans and an implementation strategy ready to go. You'd need two people at least and they give each founder €5k + and extra €5k for the expenses of the group.

So if you've two people they give €15k and three people €20k.

Try Hothouse if you've a clear plan. You don't need in depth financials but they need to know you can pull it off technically, either by doing it yourself or bringing another founder in.

I brought interns in and now they are part of my team for applying for incubators because I have no technical background myself. Thats the best way to go about it I've found.

Good luck anyway

Advertisement