Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

fishing for pike

Options
  • 23-06-2011 12:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11

looking to go fishing for pike in cavan, shore fishing.....
    any places fishing well?? i know most wont say but its just for a few hrs in the evening, dont need records broken just some fun.......
    oh and if anyone has kilbride clubs contact details on the blackwater it would be greatly appreciated
    my first post here so hope i get replys.... thanks all:):)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 47 Desailly

You can contact Kilbride Anglers through their website www.kilbrideanglers.com, or their e-mail address is kilbrideanglers@gmail.com

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 166 ✭✭peterk675

Heres a link from the Fishing in ireland website should be some help !
    http://www.fishinginireland.info/pike/east/cavan.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭karlram

think youll find it tough for people to give you places. especially as a newbie. no offence like. just stating.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 dotpower

thanks guys, yeah i know i wont get specifics on fishing but just looking for an afternoon once a month somewhere.... gonna emaiol kilbride and see about joining... used to fish the inny from ballinalack 15 + years ago and seen very big pike caught, reading bout it now its not as full as it was then, guaranteed a few pike each time i went down lol
    well if anyone wants to post any areas or pm me, if not i hope to get to use the forum to get the best fishing tips i can...... im still looking for that 20lb fish lol :D:D

ah the good old elusive 20lb pike. best of luck with that coz im stuck on a pb of 12lb for a good few years now lol.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭bayliner

karlram wrote: »
    ah the good old elusive 20lb pike. best of luck with that coz im stuck on a pb of 12lb for a good few years now lol.
    yeah thats the benchmark we all aim for really isnt it:D...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭Bizzum

dotpower wrote: »
    well if anyone wants to post any areas or pm me, if not i hope to get to use the forum to get the best fishing tips i can...... im still looking for that 20lb fish lol :D:D

One word: Ramor.
    And a few more: Oct/Nov off the pier
    Pike will be caught!

Bizzum wrote: »
    One word: Ramor.
    And a few more: Oct/Nov off the pier
    Pike will be caught!

your right bizzum. seen a 25lber caught there last month. but the silly dublin pr**k and no landing net or unhooking mat and i was disgusted at the way he was lyin it on the concrete straddling it trying to pull the hook out:mad::mad::mad: there was 4 lads there and they were pretty choice characters so thought it better to hold my tongue for my own safety. within 20 mins of them arriving playing their music full blast and just in general bein horrible wan*ers the place cleared. have seen them there on another occasion when i arrived so just turned the car and went. other than these chavs bein there its a good place. i bring the kids there regular.

• Registered Users Posts: 941 ✭✭✭pheasant tail

Dotpower,where about in cavan or what areas do you know??so maybe i could point you in the direction of a quieter,better spot than compared to the obviouse choices!

Advertisement