Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tradata Full HD Multi Media Player

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭daytob

used something similar was the sumvision cyclone * looks the exact same.
    nice interface, not bad, played pretty much everything I threw at it, including mkvs. didnt play drm encoded vids though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,706 ✭✭✭Voodu Child

Its a realtek 1073 player so it should handle most things you can throw at it. I don't know if it supports DTS decoding (or only passthrough). I'd confirm all that info on the manufacturer site rather than relying on second hand specs.

The main problem with these type of media players is whether or not they receive firmware updates to address bugs, sync issues etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,245 ✭✭✭donnacha

gogul wrote: »
    Has anyone ever used one of these? http://www.ibood.com/ie/en/product_specs/5914/Tradata_Full_HD_Multi_Media_Player_with_NAS_and_BitTorrent_Client/.

I'm keen on getting a Media Player so I dont have to keep playing movies on my PS3 via a
    USB key.

Cheers
    Gogul

Play/Transfer movies? I transfer content onto my PS3 once every month - its not much of a pain to be honest and it saves me having another device plugged into the TV. Now if you wanted to play HD files I could understand.

Personally I anxiously await the release of a decent blu-ray/dvd player that has a sizeable internal hard drive and plays all the latest video/media file formats. I don't play computer games anymore and the PS3 just sucks power and takes up way too much space.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

i download all movies and programmes onto my portable harddrive.

I dont know how to play them on the PS3 (through USB port) as it doesnt seem to recognise the harddrive when I connect it.

Is this media player basically like a video/dvd player for stuff like mine on portable harddrives to play on tv?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,093 ✭✭✭mathie

donnacha wrote: »
    Play/Transfer movies? I transfer content onto my PS3 once every month - its not much of a pain to be honest and it saves me having another device plugged into the TV. Now if you wanted to play HD files I could understand.

Personally I anxiously await the release of a decent blu-ray/dvd player that has a sizeable internal hard drive and plays all the latest video/media file formats. I don't play computer games anymore and the PS3 just sucks power and takes up way too much space.
    Drumpot wrote: »

I dont know how to play them on the PS3 (through USB port) as it doesnt seem to recognise the harddrive when I connect it.

Is this media player basically like a video/dvd player for stuff like mine on portable harddrives to play on tv?

Just use TVersity Media Server and stream them to the PS3.
    No need to plug and unplug drives.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

mathie wrote: »
    I second this. Currently watching a TV show on my TV via the PS3. The files are on my PC. Really handy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 216 ✭✭gogul

I second this. Currently watching a TV show on my TV via the PS3. The files are on my PC. Really handy.

As cool as that sounds, I want to remove the hassle of needing a PC switched on before I can watch my vids, so a media player is really what I am looking for. Which one, is the problem!

As cool as that sounds, I want to remove the hassle of needing a PC switched on before I can watch my vids, so a media player is really what I am looking for. Which one, is the problem!
    Got ya. Fair enough. Works for me because I'm gonna have my computer on anyway.
    By the way, you can copy the files through Tversity if you like. Literally hit triangle and copy. They are then copied to the PS3 over the connection to the router/PC. No need for USB transfer.
    The only problem I have encountered using this is with if you have a wireless connection with a UPC router. There's something up with the particular configuration. Try it out, it'll cost you nothing and might do what you need it to do with out buying a media centre.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 216 ✭✭gogul

Got ya. Fair enough. Works for me because I'm gonna have my computer on anyway.
    By the way, you can copy the files through Tversity if you like. Literally hit triangle and copy. They are then copied to the PS3 over the connection to the router/PC. No need for USB transfer.
    The only problem I have encountered using this is with if you have a wireless connection with a UPC router. There's something up with the particular configuration. Try it out, it'll cost you nothing and might do what you need it to do with out buying a media centre.

Wouldnt you know it, I have a UPC router with a wireless connection! lol!

Wouldnt you know it, I have a UPC router with a wireless connection! lol!
    Ha. :pac: Suppose that's out of the question then. Enjoy the media player when you get one so.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

mathie wrote: »

Cheers for the tip. Will try this now.

Is this better then ps3 media server ?

It was working only ok until I changed my broadband provider but not it will not connect to my ps3!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,245 ✭✭✭donnacha

I have a 16GB USB key which works great - though some USB keys seem to be recognised faster than others - with my old usb key I used to have to plug in and wait a couple of mins before I could copy the files over.
    Likewise - streaming from my PC to another player with a harddrive just seems like a waste of electricity to me - then again if you have to have your PC on all the time then I could see the benefits.

So are there any other machines that play blu-ray/dvd physical discs as well as have an internal hard drive for playing all your media files?

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭ianblyth

You need to put the movies in the same folder structure as the PlayStation. I.e. movies games pictures. Google it. It gives directions on how to do it

Advertisement