Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pre Pay Credit Cards?

Options
  • 23-06-2011 10:17am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9

Hey
    Does anyone know any other prepay credit cards other than 3v and the 02 money card? and which is the best?
    :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Moved to Banking & Insurance & Pensions

dudara

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,323 ✭✭✭Savman

Moneybookers
    Neteller

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭du Maurier

I'd have to second Neteller as mentioned above. 3v and O2 are a joke when it comes to fees, hidden or not.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 bellchick

whats so good about that one? and what are their hidden fees?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭du Maurier

Well with 3v I find that after you've made your purchases there's a sum remaining which can't be added onto another voucher for free (it can be transferred but the transferring fee is something like 5 euro) which makes it relatively pointless to transfer should the remainder be under 5. Should you use a number of these vouchers it makes it a little awkward and it does add up over time.

The 02 vouchers (as far as I'm aware) charge you a fee if there's still funds remaining on the card after a certain period of time. I can't seem to download the t&c's but you can find that on their website. It appears to me that it would also prove costly.

With Neteller you can deposit funds as an 'international bank transfer' for free, to your card which can be used on any site. For example there's no fee charged should you book flights on Ryanair, which is handy as a normal credit card would incur a hefty charge.

It's handy if you use the card in conjunction with ebay/Paypal as it can be linked to your account and doesn't have 3-monthly expiry date as 3v has.
    Conversely should you not want to use the physical card to make purchases you can use one of their virtual cards online which generates a temporary cc number. It's versatile enough so you don't really have to constantly go out and buy vouchers and incur fees every time you purchase.

• Advertisement

ohhh i see. but what would u be using it for? cuz id only be using it for little transactions here and there randomly-would an 02 card or something be better for "now and then" online shopping, like is the one you're talking about more suited towards an ongoing payment? or regular payments that require credit cards? cuz yer one sounds condfusing!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,662 ✭✭✭GSF

I have a Moneybookers card. Handy for web purchases (flights, etc). Easy to top up and no on-going fees.

how do you top up? which cards have ongoing fees? (and wat ARE ongoing fees??) x

Advertisement